Finding The Write Words with Darlene Fredette

Finding The Write Words with Darlene Fredette
Welcome to my blog!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Kept For Her Baby

Book: Kept For Her Baby
Author: Kate Walker
Publisher: Harlequin
Date: October 13, 2009

Back Cover: Staring at the granite-handsome features of Italian billionaire Ricardo Emiliani, Lucy knows she''s made a mistake coming back to their palatial Lake Garda home. But she''ll do anything for her baby son-even return to the husband who never loved her…. Ricardo branded his bride a gold digger. However, tiny Marco needs his mother, so he will keep Lucy captive on his private island until she proves herself a worthy wife-in every sense…

Review: I absolutely loved the opening of this story. The way Lucy arrives in the boat, pulls it on the beach, and hides behind bushes…reminded me of an action-packed movie that quickly pulls you in and keeps your attention all the way to the end.

After reading the opening pages, I knew I was going to enjoy this story and written by extremely talented, international best-selling author, Kate Walker, I had no fear that it was going to be a page-turner.

There’s such a tender emotion felt from the moment the main characters reconnect. They have a history of passion and conflictl, and that’s what makes this romance so compelling. Lucy and Ricardo’s undeniable electricity had me feeling their pain and joy in every scene.

Kate Walker told a touching story that surrounded a sensitive subject of an emotional illness that many women have personally gone through. Lucy’s battle with postpartum depression was explained thoughout the story from the illness taking over, to her seeking help, to her recovery and ongoing courage to return to the family she left behind. I could visually imagine the scene where Lucy holds her baby, Marco, in her arms.

Just like that action-packed movie, Kate’s story pulled me in and had me sneaking in another chapter before turning out the light at night. If you’re looking for an emotional and powerful read, I recommend, Kept For Her Baby.

Review Rating: 4/5 Two Thumbs Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment