FINDING THE WRITE WORDS TO HAPPY-EVER-AFTERS

Heartwarming Contemporary Romances

MY BLOG

MY BLOG

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Easy On The Eyes - Book Review

Eyes On The Eyes
Author: Jane Porter
Publisher: 5 Spot
Date: July 2009

Back Cover: At 38, Tiana Tomlinson has made it. America adores her as one of the anchors of America Tonight, a top-rated nightly entertainment and news program. But even with the trappings that come with her elite lifestyle, she feels empty. Tiana desperately misses her late husband Keith, who died several years before. And in a business that thrives on youth, Tiana is getting the message that her age is starting to show and certain measures must be taken if she wants to remain in the spotlight. It doesn’t help that at every turn she has to deal with her adversary—the devilishly handsome, plastic surgeon to the stars, Michael O'Sullivan. But a trip away from the Hollywood madness has consequences that could affect the rest of her life.

Review: This is the story of Marta’s (Odd Mom Out) friend, Tiana. Jane Porter tells a story of a character who’s very strong on the outside, but is insecure on the inside. Tiana is dealing with age and beauty; she’s peeked in her career and now feels the pressure of the younger generation at her heels. Jane touched on a real issue that many ‘older’ women feel today. Tiana is also a widow, which has you pulling for her as she struggles alone to stay on top. Even before Tiana connected with her love interest (and I won’t tell you who, just in case you have read it yet), I was keeping my fingers crossed for these two to get together from their first scene in the story. Their chemistry was undeniable. I also like when a story surprises you with a twist and in this case, when Tiana is alone in the cafĂ©…all I can say is ‘wow, I didn’t see that coming’ …and neither did she. The trip she takes to Africa is indeed touching.

My only negative comment with this story is that I found it a bit long. A few scenes dragged on with details, which I’m sure many readers will enjoy, but I found myself skimming over a paragraph or two in order to move on.

Overall, this was a great read and it also gave a sneak peek on Tiana and Marta’s friend, Shey. I can’t wait to read what Jane has in store for Shey in She’s Gone County due out August 2010.

Review Rating: 4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment