Finding The Write Words with Darlene Fredette

Finding The Write Words with Darlene Fredette
Welcome to my blog!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Scorcher Blog Tour Week 4 - Things that make you go “ooooh!”

Scorcher Blog Tour Week 4
Things that make you go “ooooh!”
By Lisa Sanchez

Hey, peeps! Thanks for staying with me!

In keeping with my Bad Boy theme, I’m going to talk a bit more about body modification and why, on some guys, I think it’s sexy as hell.

If you’ve been following each post along the tour this week, then you know the previous excerpt showcased Halley’s reaction to Nick’s tribal tattoo, and her surprise at learning his nipples are pierced.

Now, before I continue, I feel I should clarify that I’m not huge into body modification. My ears are pierced (just once on each ear), I have a small stud in my nose, and I have a simple, elegant tattoo on my back. That’s it. My hubby (my own real life hero) has a wicked sexy tatt on his arm. Rawr! It’s just enough, and I love it.

When it comes to my fictional heroes, however, I’ve been known to fancy a Bad Boy with piercings. Lips rings. Tongue rings. Nipple rings. Woohoo! I get a little shiver just thinking about the possibilities. Cold steel against flushed, heated skin. Meeeeeeow!

Piercings also bring into play the notion that a bit of pain can also be pleasurable. I mean, let’s face it…shoving a piece of cold, stainless steel through any part of your body isn’t pleasant. It hurts, though thankfully, the pain is short-lived. If you’ve chosen to pierce yourself in a particularly erogenous zone, you’ve opened yourself up to some wicked sensual torture, as your new body jewelry can now be used to enhance your intimacy with your partner.

Let’s take a peek at Halley’s reaction to Nick’s nipple piercings.

A shudder ran through Nick the moment her flesh met his. She ghosted her fingertips down his collarbone, over the arcs and swirls of black ink. Her thumb grazed his nipple, gently tugging on the small silver ring, resulting in a loud hiss from Nick.
She pulled her hand back. “I’m sorry.” She dropped her chin to her chest. “I…”
“Don’t be, Princess.” He placed a finger under her chin, lifting her face to meet his gaze, and a shockwave of delicious tingles traveled up and down her spine. He stared down at her with heavy-lidded eyes and groaned. “It felt good.”
“Oh…” All the air in the room disappeared again, and her pulse jumped from zero to sixty in nothing flat. “I thought I hurt you.”
With a raised brow, his vibrant blue eyes searched hers, asking silent permission to move closer. Once granted, a pair of strong hands gripped her waist, and he closed the small gap between them. His enormous and very hard arousal pressed against her stomach as he crushed her against the edge of the counter. Oh my God.
He leaned forward, his nose trailing up the column of her neck. “No, Princess, you didn’t hurt me. Although I wouldn’t mind if you did. Some pain is very good.”
White heat burst from beneath Halley’s skin, engulfing her entire body. Shmexy boy was too damn much.
His warm breath tickled her ear, riddling her skin with goose bumps.
Overwhelmed by his nearness, Halley closed her eyes and gave herself over to the sensation of his heated skin against her palms, running them across the ridges of his rock-hard abs.
“Did the tattoo hurt?” She was barely able to think, let alone form a coherent sentence.
He peppered her jawline with feather-soft kisses. “Yes,” he said as his lips found the sweet spot behind her ear, making her knees buckle.
“And these?” She sucked in a rapid breath as her palms grazed over the tips of his pierced nipples. “Did these hurt?”
A deep groan rumbled through his chest. “Fuck me, Princess.” His voice was raw, breathy. “Yes.” He pulled his head back while his large hands latched harder onto her waist, and lifted her onto the countertop. And God, it was all she could do to keep from whimpering when he ground his bulging erection against the sensitive flesh of her core. They hadn’t even kissed yet, and she was ready to explode.


What about you? Do you like piercings? Have any of your own? Leave a comment and share!

Leave a comment on this blog, as well as the other five blogs on the Scorcher Tour to be entered to win a free PDF copy of my erotic suspense, Obsessed. The winner’s name will then be forwarded into a final drawing at the end of the tour for a chance to win a $30 Amazon gift certificate.

(Book blurb) The victim of both a brutal attempted rape and now a serial stalking, Halley Davis is broken, and desperate to glue the shattered pieces of her life back together. Tormented by a psychopath and battling a heavy dose of anxiety, sex and dating are the last things on Halley’s anxiety-ridden mind. That is, until she meets the man who rescued her from the hands of a would-be rapist. With a body made for sin, a wicked, sexy tattoo and an aura that screams “badass,” her rescuer not only calms the storm of terror raging inside her mind, he ignites a passion within her she’s never known before.


Tired of using meaningless sex to drown out the horrors of his past, Nick Ackart has sworn off women. In fact, if women were classified as meat, his ass is Vegan. Despite his determination to remain unattached, Nick is unable to stay away from the emerald-eyed beauty he rescued from a sadistic pervert. Immersed in a tangled web of sexual desire and deep emotion he was certain was long dead, he vows to protect Halley from the monster hounding her, even though he stands to lose his heart in the process.

Loose Id- http://www.loose-id.com/Obsessed.aspx
Amazon- http://www.amazon.com/Obsessed-ebook/dp/B0053IK8JM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312759046&sr=8-1
Lisa Sanchez Blog- http://www.lisasanchezromanceauthor.com/

To continue to the 4th stop, click the link to be taken to Arial Burnz’s blog: http://arialburnz.wordpress.com/

7 comments:

  1. I only have my ears done...three on my left and 2 on my right (it's a long story). I don't mind piercings and think they usually as long as they go with the personallity. They can be yummy on a big bad alpha! But ouch!!!

    mmafsmith at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was younger I had a few cartilage piercing on my ears, but ended up taking them out as I kept catching my hair brush on them Yeeouch!

    Yep, piercings on an Alpha are YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *stares blankly at the screen for a few minutes*

    Er.. Sorry. I was delightfully entranced by the snippet. GUH!

    I ADORE piercings! Not big on gauging though, but on a guy I LOVE tongue, lip (viper bites OMFG!), nipples, oh yeah.

    As for me, I'm boring -- two holes in each ear, and then tongue, and nostril. Maybe someday I'll get more adventurous, but probably not lol

    romanceaholic at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like some small pierching on men, especially nipples. I don't like the gauging on anyone though. The only thing I have pierced are my ears, and yet I hardly ever where earrings.
    manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I said in my previous comment; nipple piercings on a guy like Nick are fab, but i'm not a fan of most face piercings on men or women. Lip, eyebrow, even tongue - not so much.

    I have some piercings, but nothing major.I have 3 on one ear lobe and 1 on the other. I used to have a fourth but it was in the cartilage and never healed. I also have a naval ring. I know they've become fairly common, but I got mine prior to the fad and greater acceptance..unless you're my mother. I got my belly piercing right before my first tat. My mom flipped when she saw the belly ring and asked why I found it necessary to mutilate myself..interestingly she disliked it more than my tats! those are permanent, I told her. I think it was like you said, who would slide a steel anything through one's flesh? I did my multiple ears first semester of college (ages ago); when she saw those, she wondered what had happened to me. Oh one last thing, I grew up and still live in Manhattan, as in New York City, not a small, rural farm in the middle of conservative America somewhere!
    MJB
    msmjb65 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  6. msmjb65- I had my belly button pierced in between my oldest daughter and my middle child. Had to take it out when I was about 7 mos along because it hurt :( Now my tummy looks different and they can't re-pierce it. Boo! I don't mind piercings so much because you can remove them. No big dealio :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa:
    I have a friend that kept it in her entire pregnancy, even tho it hurt. Howvere, when she had to have a Csection the doc had to cut it off her! I've had to have my re-piereced a few times because I had to remove it for a few surgeries I had and the hole closed up super fast. Even tho I knew it would hurt like a mutha, I was a women possessed. I had to have it! Now I'm dying to get more tats - they are sooo addicting.I just have to find a good artist.
    Hope you're somewhere dry today!
    MJB

    ReplyDelete