FINDING THE WRITE WORDS TO HAPPY-EVER-AFTERS

Heartwarming Contemporary Romances

MY BLOG

MY BLOG

Monday, August 29, 2011

Scorcher Blog Tour Week 5 - New Kids On The Blog

Scorcher Blog Tour Week 5
New Kids On The Block
By AJ Nuest

If you’re starting here, head back to http://ajbooks.blogspot.com for the first installment of my Man Candy Post. You won’t regret it.

Remember during my first post how I said most of the Man Candy I found looked half my age? I still hold to this axiom, but upon reflection I didn’t think it was fair I make everyone else suffer my lack of bravado. I also don’t think it would be right to glaze over the many “up and coming” (bad joke, couldn’t resist) young men that have recently graced the silver screen. Truth is I’m an avid movie buff, and some of these kids are really quite talented. I’m going to give you a taste of some of my faves, and you can watch for them in the coming years. Let’s see how close I am to predicting the next Matthew McConaughey, shall we?

Look at this smirk…just LOOK at it. Ugh. I love this kid. His name is Garrett Hedlund. He’s starred in the films Friday Night Lights, Four Brothers, Eragon, and most recently as Patroclus in Tron: Legacy. Check him out when you get the chance. Cutie-pie!

Alex Pettyfer…Hellloooo, Alex! The first time I saw this kid was in the flick Beastly, and if you’ve seen it, you already know he’s in heavy make-up during most of the film (it’s a teen take on Beauty and The Beast – I could fib here and say I watched it because I have an eight year old daughter, but I’m a sucker for sappy teen flicks). Anyway, I wasn’t really all that impressed by the film or Alex, until I saw him again I Am Number Four, which I LOVED. I was all…WHAAA?? That’s the same kid?

Can you blame me? Alex has a James Dean-ish quality. He’s a very subtle actor, and I’m sorry, but those high cheekbones and that square jaw line drive me mad. Need I mention the rest of the package? Watch out for this kid. I predict he’s destined for BIG things…

And lastly…
Armand Hammer, or Armie to his friends. Rumor has it he was slated to star as The Lone Ranger playing opposite Johnny Depp as Tonto (uhhh…wow?), but I also read somewhere the deal had been scrapped. Either way, Armie has already shot to the top of my “this kid’s gonna be famous” list for his portrayal of the Winklevoss twins – yes, twice the Armie, twice the fun – in The Social Network. Bottom line, he’s a babe. Too bad I couldn’t find any pictures of him shirtless…and trust me, this wasn’t for lack of trying.

Are we having fun yet? Things are about to heat up! For more of my Favorite Man Candy head over to Sarah Grimm’s blog at http://www.authorsarahgrimm.blogspot.com See you there in just a sec, but leave me a comment first to enter the drawing for a free e-book of Jezebel’s Wish!

Oh! And my deepest thanks to theberry.com, coolmenshair.com, themovieinternetdatabase.com, fanpop.com, and poponthepop.com for the use of the pics.

AJ Nuest lives in northwest Indiana with her loving husband and two beautiful children. She is the author of two contemporary romance novels.

Visit her on the web at:
http://ajbooks.blogspot.com
http://www.twitter.com/ajnuest
Email: ajnuest@yahoo.com
Facebook: Tattered Pages http://tinyurl.com/3qvxyn6

Jezebel’s Wish Buy Links:
The Wild Rose Press: http://tinyurl.com/446f7r3
Amazon.com: http://tinyurl.com/3b89ogb





Jezebel's Wish Trailer

9 comments:

  1. Normally I don't follow the candy crumbs, but I couldn't resist this. I love Alex's hair, I just want to run my fingers through it and not to mention the square jaw. He also reminds me of this guy I had a crush on in high school. *sigh*. Okay off to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know of the other two, but Alex is a cutie. Saw him in both 'I Am Number Four' and 'Beatly'...which I enjoyed both movies. He has a sexy accent too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What hotness! Love these.

    musicalfrog@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Gang! Thanks for stopping by the Man Candy post! Patti, you are cracking me up with your comments. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHEW! I need to get to the movies more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I need to see more movies too, I'm not familiar with any of these guys. But the last one, Armand, is my fave. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't get on board with Garrett. He looks almost exactly like a kid I was friends with in 7th grade and trust me, that was a looong time ago. I also don't think he's smirking so much, either - but, hey, just my opinion :) However, I will definitely agree with Alex. I like the third pic of him the best - he looks older and more, um, filled out..get your collective minds out of the gutter! I mean his face, people, his face looks more filled out!
    This is so much fun, AJ. Let's see what's next...
    MJB
    msmjb65 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOLOL! MJ, you're cracking me up! You've GOTTA SEE I am Number Four. DO IT! You won't regret it. Trust me. And if Alex is too young, Timotnhy Olyphant is also in that movie. And he looks pretty hot too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Timothy Olyphant! He's on another scale of hotness!
    MJB

    ReplyDelete