Finding The Write Words with Darlene Fredette

Finding The Write Words with Darlene Fredette
Welcome to my blog!

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Company at the Cottage - Joyce M. Holmes

Welcome to the cottage, Joyce! 

Joyce is a dear friend who I met a few years ago. I'm so happy to have her visit today.

Please take a seat on one of the comfy chairs in the sitting room by the fire. What can I get you to drink?
Hi, Darlene, it’s nice to be here. A glass of fruit juice would be lovely, thank you.

Tell us a little about yourself.
I live with my husband and very small dog in the beautiful Okanagan region of British Columbia, where I’m happily living my dream of being a stay-at-home writer. Photography and blogging about my travels are two of my passions, along with visiting my kids and grandkids. When I’m not dreaming up stories in my head or planning my next great adventure, I’m off enjoying the great outdoors.
Your grandbabies are so cute!

Let’s talk about writing and books. 

What does your writing space look like?
I’ve converted the smallest bedroom into my office. My laptop is set up on an old desk, and I have another table, to the side, for my notes and research papers. A couple of tall shelves, brimming with books, and a filing cabinet take up most of the remaining space.

What do you like to do after finishing a manuscript to reward yourself?
I’m supposed to reward myself? Hmm, haven’t ever done that, but you can be sure I’m going to start. I’m thinking some expensive and decadent dark chocolate might do wonderfully.
Yum! Sounds like a good reward.

What can we expect from you next? Are you working on anything new?
I’ve been working on the same project for quite some time. It’s the final instalment of my trilogy, and I’ve lost some steam with it after the publisher of the first two books in the series went out of business. As soon as I find the perfect new home for those books, I imagine the stalled story will once again become an active work-in-progress.
You'll find a home for your book soon. I know you will.

Now, let’s get personal! 

What is one goal you’ve yet to reach?
Call me old-fashioned, but I’d love for my books to be available for sale in actual book stores.
That would be nice. Maybe someday.

What is one obsession you possess?
Only one? I tend to have more than a few, but as far as my writing goes, I’m obsessive about editing as I write. I simply can’t move on with the story if I’m not satisfied with what I’ve already written.
I'm with you on that one. A clean draft, makes the final review much easier.

What are your hobbies away from the computer?
I love photography. I don’t have a fancy camera or take exceptional photos, but that doesn’t stop me from snapping away at everything and anything. My hubby and I travel a couple of times a year, and go hiking or kayaking whenever we can. I enjoy blogging about our activities and posting photos of where we’ve been.
I've seen your photos. They are really nice!

Are you an animal person? If so, what do you have?
I’m very much an animal person. I’ve had a dog or cat pretty much my entire life. As well as birds, turtles, hamsters, fish... Dogs are my favourites, and they tend to love me too. Right now I have a thirteen-year-old Chihuahua-Yorkie cross. She’s skinny, blind and toothless, but I love her dearly.
Roxy is totally adorable!

A Few of Your Favourites!

Favourite Colour: Pink
Favourite Season: Spring
Favourite Movie: Titanic
Favourite Actor: Keanu Reeves (don’t judge me, lol)
Favourite Song: Too many to pick one
Favourite Pleasure Food: Sweets
Favourite Place to Read: Lying on my couch
Favourite article of clothing: T-shirts
Favourite candy your sweet-tooth craves: Sour cherries

Describe yourself in three words.
Tenacious, loyal, softhearted.
You have the biggest heart!

Thank you, Joyce, for visiting! It’s been great getting to know you...better.
Please stop by the cottage again soon! Where can we keep in touch with you?
https://www.facebook.com/Joyce.M.Holmes

Here's a peek at Joyce's new release,
Visual Effects.
Drey Winston is a fierce competitor who enjoys challenging her mind and body. But when it comes to her heart—no one ever gets close enough to compete for it. Having grown up believing she was an unwanted burden to her parents, she prefers to keep her feelings well hidden. Just when her hard-fought goals are finally within reach, the audacious Jesse Devlin comes along to breach her carefully guarded defenses.

After a disastrous marriage early in life, Jesse Devlin prefers strings-free relationships. Confident and outgoing, he gets along well with women, but his natural charm can’t seem to penetrate Drey Winston’s aloofness. While attempting to win her over, he’s the one who ends up losing his heart. Can this commitment-phobic bachelor convince the stubbornly independent woman he loves that his feelings—and hers—are the real deal?

http://www.amazon.com/Visual-Effects-Joyce-M-Holmes-ebook/dp/B01CB1C3P0/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1461002418&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=joyce+holmes+author

http://www.wildrosepublishing.com/maincatalog_v151/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=242_175_133&products_id=6730

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for visiting today, Joyce! And no judging on Keanu Reeves, lol...he's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me, Darlene. It's always a pleasure to visit with you. Glad we agree on Keanu! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Joyce:
    Very interesting interview. Love what you said about Roxy, so sweet. Our animal babies deserve us to stand by them to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Gini. As I type this, she's snuggled on my lap. My bony little baby. :)

    ReplyDelete