FINDING THE WRITE WORDS TO HAPPY-EVER-AFTERS

Heartwarming Contemporary Romances

MY BLOG

MY BLOG

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Company at the Cottage - Peggy Jaeger

Welcome to the Cottage, Peggy!

Please take a seat on one of the comfy chairs in the sitting room by the fire, and tell us a little about yourself.
I write contemporary romance about strong women, the families who support them, and the men who can't live without them. I hold a master's degree in Nursing Administration and first found publication with several articles I authored on Alzheimer's Disease during my time running an Alzheimer's in-patient care unit during the 1990s. A lifelong and avid romance reader and writer, I’m a member of RWA and am the Secretary of my New Hampshire RWA Chapter.

Let’s talk about writing and books.

How do you research an element for a story?
That’s a great question. Most of the stuff I’ve written about I knew firsthand. My debut book, SKATER’S WALTZ was about an Olympic figure skater. I skated for most of my life until a debilitating leg fracture “retired” me from the sport. I was never an Olympic status athlete, but I did adore the sport and still do to this day. Two of my current books are about veterinarians, so when I wanted to get the feel for writing the profession, I took my local vet out for lunch and picked her brain. My daughter took piano lessons for the first 22 years of her life, so when I needed to find about the machinations behind a symphony pianist I went directly to her. My current book is about a writer, so, hey! No research needed for that one! Information can be gleaned from everyday people around you. You just have to ask.
What a great way to research by using your own experiences or from people you know. Taking your vet out for lunch was a great idea!

If your book was made into a movie, who is your dream cast?
The current book, THE VOICES OF ANGELS is about a mystery writer and a news broadcaster. For Carly, the writer, I think Emma Stone would do her justice. For Mike, I feel Josh Duhamel would be perfect. 
A nice cast! I'd watch that movie.

What is the favourite book you’ve written, and why?
FIRST IMPRESSIONS. This was the first book I ever wrote where I knew my hero before I ever knew the girl I’d write for him. Padric Cleary is such a misunderstood guy. Every thinks he’s a player and commitment-phobe, but he’s really just looking for “THE ONE.” He wants a marriage like his parents’ and just hasn’t met the girl he can spend eternity with yet. Until, of course, Clarissa Rogers catches his eye… and his heart. I loved writing a guy who was the opposite of what everyone thought he was. 
Sounds like I'm adding a new book to my reading list.

Now, let’s get personal!

What is one goal you’ve yet to reach?
An agent. After 5 books you’d think I’d have one by now, but no such luck.
Fingers crossed for you!

Tell us about an especially romantic moment/event in your life?
My first date with the man who would become my partner for life. My husband and met when we were both working in the same hospital, me a nurse, he an intern. For our first date we flew to Boston for the day. I’d never been on a plane before and had never traveled anywhere outside of New York City, my hometown. We spent the day touring the historic city and ended the night in the North End for dinner, then flew back home. That first date set the tone for our life to come and 33 years after I met him he is still the love of my life.
Flying off to Boston...what a romantic first date!

Are you married and/or have any children?
Married for 29 years, one lovely daughter. 
After such a romantic first date, I can see why you've been married for 29 years.

Where is your favourite vacation destination?
Tossup: Hawaii and Ireland. I can’t make up my mind because they are both spectaular. 
Hawaii is on my wish list.

A Few of your Favourites!  

Favourite Colour: Green 
Favourite Season: Fall 
Favourite Movie: The Wizard of Oz 
Favourite Actor: Kevin Spacey 
Favourite Song: Secret Agent Man by Jonny Rivers
Favourite Pleasure Food: tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich 
Favourite Place to Read: Anywhere! 
Favourite article of clothing: pajamas 
Favourite candy your sweet-tooth craves: Peppermint pattie candies

Describe yourself in three words.
Loyal, Neurotic, Nosey 

Thank you, Peggy, for visiting! It’s been great getting to know you. Please stop by the cottage again soon! Where can we keep in touch with you?
http://peggyjaeger.com

Here's a peek at Peggy's new release, 
The Voices of Angels. 
Love is the last thing Carly Lennox is looking for when she sets out on her new book tour. The independent, widowed author is content with a life spent writing and in raising her daughter. When newscaster Mike Woodard suggests they work on a television magazine profile based on her book, Carly’s thrilled, but guarded. His obvious desire to turn their relationship into something other than just a working one is more than she bargained for. 

Mike Woodard is ambitious, and not only in his chosen profession. He wants Carly, maybe more than he’s ever wanted anything or anyone else. As he tells her, he’s a patient man. But the more they’re together, Mike realizes it isn’t simply desire beating within him. Carly Lennox is the missing piece in his life. Getting her to accept it-and him-may just be the toughest assignment he’s ever taken on. 

http://www.amazon.com/Voices-Angels-MacQuire-Women-Book-ebook/dp/B01BBCBYAA/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

17 comments:

  1. Peggy, it was a pleasure to have you visit the cottage today! Please stop by again soon. I love one of the words you used to describe yourself was 'neurotic', lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darlene- this was fun and your website is gorgeous!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Terrific interview. Your husband must be a romantic guy. Boston for a first date is outstanding.
    Good luck and great sales for The Voices of Angels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra - thanks for stopping by. I think if you ask him he'll tell you he's the least romantic guy on the planet , but he sure proved he's got a little sumthin' sumthin with that first date!

      Delete
  3. Great interview! My first date with my husband was also in Boston...but we were both working there at the time, so no plane involved, lol. Love your latest cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie - thanks! Boston will always be special for me.

      Delete
  4. Darlene - what a nice little getaway we had together today!! Thanks so much for inviting me. It was a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview, enjoyed it. Ireland is on my bucket list. But been to Hawaii twice, and it's pretty awesome, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both were so amazing, I really can't choose.Thanks for stopping by, Hebby.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful interview. Good luck finding an agent, see if they have room for two more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA. Will do!Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. What a fun interview! You do realize that now you've made me crave tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura - If my hips could stand it I'd have it every day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Peggy, Excellent interview! Love learning more about you. I'm certain you'll find that agent very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. JOanne - your lips to God's ears!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Peggy. Better late than never which seems to be my mantra these days. Loved your interview, nice to know a little more about you. Hope you find that agent! Your books all sound wonderful. Headed to amazon to take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tena - it's never too late for anything!!! thanks for stopping by and from you lips to God's ears abt the agent!!! be well. P

    ReplyDelete