Finding The Write Words with Darlene Fredette

Finding The Write Words with Darlene Fredette
Welcome to my blog!

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

At the Cottage with Clair De Lune

Welcome to the cottage, Clair!

There's a chill in the windy air today, so please take a seat on one of the comfy chairs in the sitting room by the fire. What can I get you to drink?
Thank you for inviting me. I'm delighted to be here. I'd like a pot of black tea please, with milk and no sugar. 

Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm a retired teacher and I live in Southern Scotland. I have three children and five grandchildren. We are a close family and we all meet up at Christmas and birthdays for a meal. I love audio books and have a large collection, but my print books are in danger of taking over the house. My first novella was the result of a challenge from my youngest son; not that he expected erotic romance and BDSM to appear in the story.
Southern Scotland sounds beautiful. You'l have to send me a photograph. 

Let’s talk about writing and books. 

How do you research an element for a story?
If it's straightforward, then I use Google. My latest book is called "From Russia with Rope." Dimitri, one of the main characters, breeds Borzois. I had to find out things like colour and type of character. The other main character, Valentin, wants to learn Kinbaku. I had to describe a basic box tie. I'm very fortunate in having Master "K" as a friend and he always looks over my Kinbaku scenes.
It's nice to have a friend to help with research.

What do you like to do after finishing a manuscript to reward yourself?
Most of the time I don't do anything special. Sometimes I just make a large pot of tea, usually black tea with spices. I may also indulge in a couple of pieces of baklava, but don't tell anyone ;) 
Your secret is safe with me.

What can we expect from you next?
Are you working on anything new? I have just sent off "From Russia with Rope," which is no 5 in The Blood Red Rose Series. I have Prometheus in Chains no 15 started and also the next episode in the Angel in Hell, so it will depend on which set of characters shout the loudest. 
Good luck with the many projects you have on the go.

Now, let’s get personal! 

What is one thing people might be surprised to know about you?
I have made several applique quilts by hand. My own King size Baltimore one needs quilting but the cot quilts and single bed quilts I made for my grandchildren are in use. I love designing the quilts and choosing the fabric, then watching the pictures develop. I love heavy metal music and listen to it while sewing. 
Quilting is a lot of work, but has beautiful result, which can be shared for generations.

What is one obsession you possess?
I'm an avid collector. I have collections of ceramic frogs, dragons, oriental teapot and cups. I am running out of space.
Nice collections!

What are your hobbies away from the computer?
I love to read, obviously. I knit, often for my grandchildrens' bears, monkeys and dolls. I used to knit for the children when they were babies. I enjoy sewing and applique, and I have made quilts and play mats for my grandchildren. I make my own cushion covers and curtains. I hope to get to grips with Fimo modelling soon. I had a lot of it, with books and tools as a Christmas gift. 
You are a very busy woman with so many hobbies.

Where is your favourite vacation destination?
I love the Highlands of Scotland. Speyside in Morayshire, quite close to Inverness is my favourite at the moment. I shall be spending a couple of weeks there again in July with my eldest son and his family.
Again, I'd love to see some photos.

Your Favourites
Favourite Colour: Aqua.
Favourite Season: Spring 
Favourite Movie: BBC's version of Pride and Prejudice 
Favourite Actor: Jason Momoa 
Favourite Song: Smoke on the Water 
Favourite Pleasure Food: Raspberries 
Favourite Place to Read: my sofa 
Favourite article of clothing: long skirts 
Favourite candy your sweet-tooth craves: marzipan 

Describe yourself in three words.
Caring, generous, hard-working. 

Thank you for visiting, Clair! It’s been great getting to know you. Please stop by the cottage again soon!

Where can we keep in touch with you?
www.clairdelunebooks.co.uk

Here's a peek at one of Clair's titles:
Caught on the Rebound (MM) 
Prometheus in Chains 14 
Once bitten, twice shy.

Jaimie Scott is determined he'll have no more dominating men in his life after escaping an abusive partner, then he meets trainee Dom, Niall Stewart. He's attracted to Jaimie and willing to woo him slowly, as he introduces him to BDSM. Another sub has different ideas. Believing that Niall loved her before Jaimie came on the scene, Gillian will stop at nothing to get Jaimie out of the picture, and it's only by putting himself at risk again that Jaimie can reveal her true nature.

Just when happiness is within Jaimie's grasp, Zack makes a play to regain him and Niall is devastated. How far is Jaimie prepared to go this time in the pursuit of love and happiness? 

http://www.bookstrand.com/book/caught-on-the-rebound
https://www.amazon.com/Rebound-Prometheus-Publishing-Classic-ManLove-ebook/dp/B01CF2WGQQ

GIVEAWAY!
Clair is offering an eBook copy of Caught on the Rebound. Just leave a comment to be entered in the draw.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for visiting, Clair! I can't wait to see some photos of Scotland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clair Sounds like you live where a lot of historical authors only dream of ever visiting. I'm a fan of Deep Purple too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another teacher in the group :-)
    Great getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful interview. I loved learning about you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victoria congratulations, you are the winner of an eBook copy of Caught on the Rebound by Clair De Lune. Leave me your email address or email me to receive your prize. :)

    ReplyDelete