Finding The Write Words with Darlene Fredette

Finding The Write Words with Darlene Fredette
Welcome to my blog!

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

At the Cottage with Chrys Fey

Welcome to the cottage,Chrys! 

It's a beautiful day outside, please take a seat on one of the comfy chairs on the front deck, overlooking the lake. 

Tell us a little about yourself. 
When I was six years old, I realized I wanted to be a writer by watching my mother pursue publication. At the age of twelve, I started writing my first novel, which flourished into a series I later rewrote at seventeen. I live in Florida and am always on the lookout for hurricanes. I have four adopted cats who keep me entertained with their antics, and three nephews who keep me entertained with their antics.

Let’s talk about writing and books. 

How do you research an element for a story?
I first Google it. I love Google because it contains a wealth of information. I hop from website to website, blog post to blog post, gathering as much information as I can. If it’s something that requires extensive research, I go to the library and check out the best books on the subject.
Google is my go-to site as well. 

If your book was made into a movie, who is your dream cast? 
Beth would be played by Kate Beckinsale, and Donovan would be played by Henry Cavill. Yes, I’ve thought of this before. *wink*
I would definitely watch this movie! Love Kate and Henry!

What can we expect from you next? Are you working on anything new? 
You can expect Book 3 in the Disaster Crimes series next year. I’ve already sent it my publisher for consideration. The disaster in Book 3 is a tsunami! As for what I’m writing…BOOK FOUR!
You're a busy lady!

Now, let’s get personal! 

What is one goal you’ve yet to reach? 
My driver’s license. Yes, it’s true. I don’t have my driver’s license. I was afraid to drive. So much that it impacted my life. This year I’ve been practicing and getting over my fear. I currently have my learner’s permit and hope to achieve my driver’s license by next year. :)
My fingers are crossed for you!!!!!

What is one obsession you possess? 
I am obsessed with Halloween! I go all out every year.
That is a strange obsession, lol!

What are your hobbies away from the computer?
I garden, read, draw fashion designs, write song lyrics, cook vegetarian meals, and bake bread.
I would love to see some of your fashion drawings and taste that homemade bread!

Where is your favourite vacation destination? 
I’ve never been there but it is my dream to go to Ireland. I’m saving up for it!

Your Favourites. 

Favourite Colour: Neon Green
Favourite Season: Autumn
Favourite Movie: Little Women
Favourite Actor: Johnny Depp
Favourite Song: The Kill by 30 Seconds to Mars
Favourite Pleasure Food: Mac and Cheese
Favourite Place to Read: Couch
Favourite article of clothing: Hoodie
Favourite candy your sweet-tooth craves: Any!

Describe yourself in three words: 
Vegetarian. Auntie. Reader.

Thank you for visiting, Chrys! It’s been great getting to know you. Please stop by the cottage again soon! 

Where can we keep in touch with you? 
www.Facebook.com/ChrysFey

Here's a peek at Chrys' new release,
Seismic Crimes
An Internal Affairs Investigator was murdered and his brother, Donovan Goldwyn, was framed. Now Donovan is desperate to prove his innocence. And the one person who can do that is the woman who saved him from a deadly hurricane—Beth Kennedy. From the moment their fates intertwined, passion consumed him. He wants her in his arms. More, he wants her by his side in his darkest moments. 

Beth Kennedy may not know everything about Donovan, but she can’t deny what she feels for him. It’s her love for him that pushes her to do whatever she has to do to help him get justice, including putting herself in a criminal’s crosshairs. 

When a tip reveals the killer's location, they travel to California, but then an earthquake of catastrophic proportions separates them. As aftershocks roll the land, Beth and Donovan have to endure dangerous conditions while trying to find their way back to one another. Will they reunite and find the killer, or will they lose everything? 

Amazon US: http://amzn.com/B01CRJSPIU
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CRJSPIU
Amazon CA: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01CRJSPIU
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/seismic-crimes-chrys-fey/1123508790?ean=2940158028380
Kobo: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/seismic-crimes

HURRICANE CRIMES 99¢ SALE!
DIGITAL LINKS:
Amazon CA / NOOK / KOBO 

GIVEAWAY!
Click on the rafflecopter link to enter!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for visiting today, Chrys! It was great getting to know you. I love the cover of Seismic Crimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for having me. I am so happy to be your guest. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Chrys: Driving is one of my least favorite things too, which I try to avoid whenever possible. But I know you can do it, and get your license. You may need these skills in a real life disaster! I'm a vegetarian too and have 3 cats among my other rescues. Your books sound terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a lot in common, Gini. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete