FINDING THE WRITE WORDS TO HAPPY-EVER-AFTERS

Heartwarming Contemporary Romances

MY BLOG

MY BLOG

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

At the Cottage with Tena Stetler

Welcome to the cottage, Tena! 

It's a lovely day outside, so please take a seat on one of the comfy chairs on the front deck, overlooking the lake. 

Tell us a little about yourself. 
I write paranormal romance and cozy mysteries. My first vampire romance was written as a tween, I don’t think my mom ever got over it. But my friends really enjoyed the story, Vampire On The Hill. With the Rocky Mountains outside my window, I sit at my computer surrounded by a wide array of paranormal creatures telling me their tales. Yep, I have an over-active imagination. Colorado is home; shared with my husband of many moons, a brilliant Chow Chow, a spoiled parrot and a forty-year-old box turtle. Any winter evening, you can find me curled up in front of a crackling fire with a good book, a mug of hot chocolate and a big bowl of popcorn. During the summer you can find me cozied up around a campfire with a good book.

Let’s talk about writing and books. 

What does your writing space look like?
It’s a cozy place.






What do you like to do after finishing a manuscript to reward yourself? 
Take a day off from writing, clean my office, walk the dog, play with the parrot and relax. I clean my office and file all the research, character worksheets and things to do with the finished book, so I can start fresh with a new set of characters for a new book.

What can we expect from you next?
2016 Holidays, the sequel to A Witch’s Journey comes out.

Are you working on anything new? 
Yes, I am working on the second book in A Demon’s Witch series. This one centers on Tristian Shandie, the Demon Overlord’s enforcer, and the woman who tamed Tristian. Working title, A Warlock’s Secrets.

Now, let’s get personal! 

What is one thing people might be surprised to know about you? 
I was a radio DJ for a couple of years for a classic rock station.

What is one obsession you possess? 
I love thunderstorms (Less hail), with lightning that streaks across the sky, pouring rain (Not damaging). Can you tell damaging rain and wind, together with hail destroyed my beautiful blooming flowers this spring? Happy to say they are recovering nicely.

What are your hobbies away from the computer?
Camping, kayaking, hiking, gardening, parrot and dog training. 

Where is your favourite vacation destination? 
Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado. Really any of the National or State Parks. Love to travel via RV accompanied by my hubby, dog, parrot and box turtle. Yes, we are quite a sight when we pull into a campground! But you meet a lot of interesting people along the way. Yep, some I’ve put in books


Your Favourites

Favourite Colour: Purple 
Favourite Season: Fall and Halloween. 
Favourite Movie: Dirty Dancing
Favourite Actor: Nathan Fillion. I loved him in Firefly and Castle. 
Favourite Song: Never Been To Me, by Charlene 
Favourite Pleasure Food: PIZZA – my favorite food group! Quick story. I have a favorite haunt for Pizza. Recently, I went there and a new girl made my pizza wrong. The other girl that has been there a long time told her, I was an author and to be careful or I’d put her in a book. I laughed and said you know what they say. “Don’t annoy the writer, she may put you in a book and kill you.” Now when I go there, we all have a big laugh, but I always raise an eyebrow before walking to my table and say “You never know.” 
Favourite Place to Read: Curled up on the couch in front of a roaring fireplace in the winter or in my sunroom during the summer. 
Favourite article of clothing: Jeans. 
Favourite candy your sweet-tooth craves: Chocolate of any kind! 

Describe yourself in three words. 
Quirky. Driven. Friendly/Outgoing. 

Thank you for visiting, Tena! It’s been great getting to know you. Please stop by the cottage again soon! 

Where can we keep in touch with you? 
Website: http://www.tenastetler.com
Blog: http://www.tenastetler.com/my-blog
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/tenastetler.author

Here's a peek at Tena's book,
A Witch's Journey

Pepper McKay comes from a long line of powerful witches. Unfortunately, magic brings her nothing but trouble. She learned the love of wildlife rescue and rehab from her Aunt Ashling. After graduating from college, Pepper works for Salem Wildlife Sanctuary and lives from paycheck to paycheck until she inherits the McKay property in Lobster Cove. With the family land and resources, she dares to dream of starting her own wildlife rescue and rehabilitation center. 

Lathen Quartz, a former Navy SEAL turned handyman maintains the enchanted McKay property for the McKay estate. But someone is trying to steal the McKay magic. Lathen offers to help Pepper achieve her life-long dream of building a wildlife center. During the long hours spent together on the project, their mutual attraction can’t be denied. But each harbors a deep, dark secret. Will they overcome their demons and give love a chance? 

Amazon: http://amzn.com/B01F0LRJ7U

4 comments:

  1. It was great visiting with you today, Tena! I love your writing space. Good luck with your new release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Tena: I live in Colorado, like classic rock, and Nathan Fillion too! Will be checking out your stories they sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the visit. Sorry I was late kinda under the weather today. Thanks Gini I hope you get a chance to check out A Witch's Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. darlene. Thanks for hosting me. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete