FINDING THE WRITE WORDS TO HAPPY-EVER-AFTERS

Heartwarming Contemporary Romances

MY BLOG

MY BLOG

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

At the Cottage with Anita Kidesu

Welcome to the cottage, Anita!

It's a lovely day outside, so please take a seat on one of the comfy chairs on the front deck, overlooking the lake. 

Tell us a little about yourself. 
From the time she was a teenager, Anita would sneak her grandmother's romances and read them until all hours of the night. She never thought about creating one herself, but fell into it with a few friends. On a long road trip, they started talking about their favorite authors and why they like their books. To kill time, they started making up their own characters and plot. From that point on, Anita had story ideas and characters filling her head. Finally, to shut them up, (or so she thought), she started writing them down, surprised at how erotic her characters wanted to be. Her first book with The Wild Rose Press, "South Seas Seduction," was published in March, 2015. Her short story, "Surprise Me," part of the Candy Hearts Series, was published in January, 2016. The continuing story, Surprise Me Again," will be published this year.

Let’s talk about writing and books. 

What does your writing space look like? 
It's a mess. Since I live in a small apartment, I write in my living room on a recliner. I have bookcases filled with books, piles of books on the floor, pens scattered across the floor from my cats, and a stereo to listen to music as I write. A large picture window over my couch brings in a lot of light.

What do you like to do after finishing a manuscript to reward yourself?
I usually call over a friend who knows what I do when I'm not working. We break out a bottle of wine and joke about what I'm going to do with the 'millions' I'm going to make.

What can we expect from you next? Are you working on anything new? 
I'm working on a sequel to Surprise Me. When I was writing this short story for The Wild Rose Press' Candy Heart Series, I knew Josie and Carter's story was complete. Surprise Me Again will be released sometime this year.

Now, let’s get personal! 

What is one thing people might be surprised to know about you? 
I'm a pharmacist in real life.

What is one obsession you possess? 
That's an easy one - collecting books. I'll have to live to be 150 to read all my books, Yet, I keep buying.

What are your hobbies away from the computer?
I love to camp, hike, travel to exotic places.

Where is your favourite vacation destination? 
Anyplace in the Caribbean. It was on a vacation to an island that I came up with the story line for "South Seas Seduction."

None, One, or Both

Tattoos or Piercings? Tattoo of a rose
Paperback or eBook? Both
Twitter or Facebook? Both
Tea or Coffee? Tea
Wine or Cocktail? Wine
Early Morning or Late Evening? Early Morning
Optimist or Pessimist? Optimist
Chocolate or vanilla ice cream? Definitely chocolate
Spaghetti or Pizza? Pizza

Describe yourself in three words. 
Fun-loving, caring, helpful

Thank you for visiting, Anita! It’s been great getting to know you. Please stop by the cottage again soon! 

Where can we keep in touch with you?
www.anitakidesu.com

Here's a peek at Anita's title, 
Surprise Me
Josie and Carson Sandberg are on the cusp of being empty-nesters. With a cross-country move and Carson's busy work schedule, there hasn't been much time to connect. When gifted with a romantic getaway and challenge that says "Surprise Me", the two embark on a trip that reveals secret desires and more. But sometimes a fantasy is better left undiscovered... 

The Wild Rose Press: http://bit.ly/1PiuNEM
Amazon: http://amzn.com/B01AAVYUJ0

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for stopping by, Anita! Your writing space sounds just like mine. Great cover for Surprise Me and good luck with Surprise Me Again.

    ReplyDelete