FINDING THE WRITE WORDS TO HAPPY-EVER-AFTERS

Heartwarming Contemporary Romances

MY BLOG

MY BLOG

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

At the Cottage with Lori Sizemore

Welcome to the cottage, Lori! 

Please take a seat on one of the comfy chairs in the sitting room by the fire, and tell us a little about yourself. 
I grew up in the mountains of West Virginia and despite my plans I never escaped them. Anywhere with flat land creeps me out a little. I was the oldest and married an oldest child (we both have one younger sibling), so we’re both very goal-oriented. I got my Bachelor’s degree in Social and Behavioral Science and worked for ten years in mental health as a social worker. I’ve got three daughters, 21, 19, and 12, and the oldest is going to make me a grandmother in March.

Let’s talk about writing and books. 

What does your writing space look like? 
My writing space is my everything space, because I’m perfectly content to be in the middle of everything when I write. I write in the living room, on my laptop or with a notebook. To my left is a mid-century modern bookcase I picked up from an antique store and it holds my office supplies. I make use of a paper calendar to remember what my goals and commitments for each day are and I’d be lost without it.

What do you like to do after finishing a manuscript to reward yourself?
I like to take a few days off and do the things I don’t necessarily I have time for when I’m actively writing—like play video games. I love The Sims and Animal Crossing. I’m a total nerd, so I nerd out when I get down time. Often times, I’ll immerse myself in a book or three. I just want to not think, because writing is so consuming.

What can we expect from you next? Are you working on anything new?
I’ve finished the next book in the Infamous series, tentatively titled Unexpected. Two of the characters from Infamous get their own romance. I’ve also finished three novellas set in 1958 Las Vegas that I’m editing.

Now, let’s get personal! 

What is one thing people might be surprised to know about you? 
I didn’t start writing until I was thirty years old. I always wanted to write, in this lofty idea way. But, I was afraid of failing, of not being good. It took me a long time to realize that I was letting my fear of failure prevent me from living my dream.

What is one obsession you possess? 
I am a total technophile. I love doing techie things. As I mentioned, I play video games. But I also make my own teaser graphics and manage my own website. And I love it. It’s a complete relaxing hobby for me.

What are your hobbies away from the computer? 
I crochet and read. Those are my step-away habits. I love to turn on a feel-good TV show, like Gilmore Girls, and create handmade items. My favorite thing about crocheting is you can take one ball of yarn and work with it that one piece of yarn, and make something incredible.

Where is your favourite vacation destination? 
I waffle back and forth between the mountains and the beach. I think I’d have to say the beach because I just love the vastness of the ocean. It’s so huge and loud and overwhelming; it makes my worries feel small and insignificant. In fact, I often go to sleep listening to ocean sounds and imagining myself sitting on the beach experiencing that.

Pick None, One, or Both. 

Tattoos or Piercings? 
None, although I promised myself a tattoo with the publishing of my first book. So none, for now.
Paperback or eBook? 
eBook. I’m so spoiled to eBook that if someone loans me a paperback, I’ll just buy the book for my Kindle.
Twitter or Facebook? 
Facebook, because it feels more personal.
Tea or Coffee? 
Coffee. I love all the coffee.
Wine or Cocktail? 
Cocktail. I’m a sucker for the sweet concoctions.
Early Morning or Late Evening? 
Early morning; there’s so much possibility to the day in the morning.
Optimist or Pessimist? 
Optimist. I just prefer to look at what’s good. It keeps me sane.
Chocolate or vanilla ice cream? 
Vanilla. I like the simplicity of the flavor.
Spaghetti or Pizza? 
Both. I could never choose one over the other.

Describe yourself in three words. 
Determined, strong, satisfied.

Thank you for visiting, Lori! It’s been great getting to know you. Please stop by the cottage again soon! Where can we keep in touch with you? 
http://lorisizemore.com

Here's a peek at Lori's book,
Infamous
Justine Montgomery, daughter of a divorced beauty queen and TV magnate, is a tabloid disaster after her infamous sex tape. She’s so desperate to help save her family’s home she turns to her deal-making dad. Can she prove to him she’s cut out for a career in television or will she lose it all? 

Sawyer has his own past and a successful career is his only goal. Seeing Justine fail would mean the promotion of a lifetime, but things get complicated when he develops feelings for her. Suddenly, the lines between work, life, sex, and love are blurry. 

They will have to overcome the bitterness of a rejected ex, the controlling actions of her father, and the half-truths they’re telling one another to forge a lasting partnership both on the job and off the clock.

Amazon: http://bit.ly/2f2y7IB

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me here, Darlene. I truly enjoyed the interview and would be thrilled to hang out again some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, it was a pleasure having you stop by today, and you are more than welcome here anytime. I have a new promo for guest coming soon that I will email you about :) I play a few video games too with my daughter on her Xbox, but I'm also addicted to Farm Heroes. I'm on level 860 which clearly shows my addiction, lol. Congratulations on being an almost grandmother :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another interesting interview. it's always fun to get a peek at other author's lives and backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Gini. I agree with you. I love seeing other writers work areas and their process.

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Darlene. I'll have to look into that game--I love casual gaming. My 67 year-old dad is obsessed with Candy Crush and will tell anyone who will listen what level he's on, so it definitely runs in the family.

    ReplyDelete