FINDING THE WRITE WORDS TO HAPPY-EVER-AFTERS

Heartwarming Contemporary Romances

MY BLOG

MY BLOG

Friday, January 27, 2017

Foodie Friday - Deviled Eggs

Deviled Eggs
From Tena Stetler's Kitchen

I always make the deviled eggs for Easter and New Year’s Day. My family and friends love them. The ones I made for New Year’s this year were extra tangy, added a bit more pickle juice and spicy brown mustard. Yummy! My family approved.

When you add the mayo, pickle juice and mustard, if you need more to make the consistency correct (hold together but not creamy unless you like it that way, add additional amounts slowly till desired consistency and taste is correct.

Tangy Deviled Eggs

Dozen boiled eggs – cut in half long way, place the yolks in a bowl. Mash them up well. Put the cut egg-white halves on a plate.
Add to the mashed yolks,
1 tablespoon of mayo
1 tablespoon of pickle juice
2 tablespoons of spicy brown mustard (I use Gulden’s)
1 ½ tablespoons of regular mustard
Sprinkling of dill weed
Salt and pepper to taste

The yolk mixture should hold together but not be too creamy. Spoon the yolk mixture back into the cut egg whites and serve

You can add a bit more mustard if you want a tangier taste. Some people sprinkle paprika on top for appearance.

About Tena:
Tena Stetler is a paranormal romance and cozy mystery author with an over-active imagination. Many of her character ideas come from people watching and listening. Any given day you can find her at the computer with paranormal creatures gathered around her telling their tales. Her books spin the adventures of magical kick-ass women and mystical alpha males that dare to love them.
Website: http://www.tenastetler.com
Summer Dawn Riley’s an extraordinary elemental witch whose troubled past haunts her. She’s created a calm life for herself teaching yoga and keeping people at a distance. Her life takes a one eighty degree turn when she enrolls in a women’s weapons class and meets ruggedly handsome Devlin Sawyer. 

Devlin, a former Navy Seal, has sworn off women after two long-term failed relationships, but there is no denying his attraction to Summer. She intrigues him like no other woman ever has. Despite her attempts to ignore him, Summer is drawn to Devlin. His magic signature is strong, but he’s no warlock. Will Valentine’s Day magic find them a future together?

The Wild Rose Press – 40% off - Charm Me, a Fun and Flirty Romance
http://www.wildrosepublishing.com/maincatalog_v151/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=195&products_id=6579

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Foodie opportunity. LOL Hope the deviled eggs are a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I love deviled eggs and have never considered adding pickle juice. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankd for stopping by Mary. I hope you love the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like deviled eggs and a cozy mystery. Unless it's a fun and flirty romance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sandy I like the way you think!!! Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate it. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Thank you, Tena, for sharing your recipe, which sounds yummy and not too hard to make. Charm Me also sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the pickle juice idea too. Nice of you to share that little secret! Also adding two types of mustard. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GiniRifkin, thanks for stopping by, the receipe makes great tangy deviled eggs. I hope you like them.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing your recipe! For the most part he's an adventurous eater, but hard-boiled eggs and mayo are the only foods that my husband actually refuses to eat. So, unless I'm prepared to eat the whole thing, I don't think I'll have the chance to make this recipe. Maybe for a party! Charm Me sounds great! Right up my alley! Looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by Donna! I think you could cut the recipe down to only 6 or 3 eggs. I've never tried as our dozen is gone in a flash.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man oh man, Tena, the hubs is going to love these eggs!! Yahoo. Thanks for helping me out of the jam known as perpetual boring recipes to keep the man happy. I'd forgotten how much fun Charm Me was; the blurb reminded me.
    thanks for sharing
    Veronica Lynch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by Veronica, I hope your hubs likes the eggs. My hubby loves them, says I don't make them often enough. LOL Thanks for the kind words for Charm Me, there will be a sequel in the next year or so. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been wanting to try making deviled eggs. I typically go to parties and just hope to find them. Why I have never tried making them, I'm not sure I can explain, but yum. I might try them now. Charm me sounds wonderful, Tena. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete