Finding The Write Words with Darlene Fredette

Finding The Write Words with Darlene Fredette
Welcome to my blog!

Monday, January 23, 2017

Monday's Muse - Game of Thrones Withdrawal

A few years ago, my brother lent me the first three seasons of the Game of Thrones. My family did a marathon and watched each episode.
Unfortunately, my brother didn't purchase future seasons, so we didn't get to watch anymore. We did get updates from my sister-in-law who was reading the books. When she told me of John Snow's death, my daughter and I didn't see the need to continue watching. Game of Thrones without John Snow? Why?
But after a bit, we got over the demise of John Snow, especially after learning he comes back. What? John Snow is alive! We must return to The Wall.

During the Christmas holidays, we did another marathon and watched seasons four, five, and six.
What a ride! So many surprises. The tension was at a high. Then, we were done. Left hanging. What next? Is there a season seven? My daughter heard, through social media, that Game of Thrones has been renewed for another two years. Our fingers are crossed that this is true!

But what do we watch until then? We're in limbo. What show will possibly capture our interest as this series did? The 100 series has been recommended, so I guess we'll check that out while waiting for more John Snow, Tyrion, and the dragons.

Please help us get through the next several months. I would like to get your suggestions on a good series to watch. Which series captured your attention?

10 comments:

  1. Don't know what to suggest, but I'm going through the same thing with "Bones" I LOVE THAT SHOW. this is the last season and I'm going to be so so sad when it ends. I must get on board with Game of Thrones. It is amazing how we get so attached to the people in these dramas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gini, I haven't watched Bones, but I recognize the main actor from being a vampire in another show long ago, lol. I highly recommend Game of Thrones :)

      Delete
  2. Outlander! Season three is scheduled to begin later in the spring so you have lots of time to binge seasons 1 and 2. If you've read the books--great. The series does a good job of sticking with the plot and being true to characters, though of course not everything is exactly the same. Season 1 was FANTASTIC. Season 2--good. Season 3 promises to be outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw an ad about Outlander last week and then forgot about it. Thank you for mentioning it, Sorchia. I will check it out.

      Delete
  3. Outlander, of course! Jamie Fraser gives John Snow a run for the money (Oh, imagine if the two would meet! Now that would be interesting). I will always recommend LOST, hands down. Best show ever. If you can get past the zombies (it took me awhile but I did), The Walking Dead is an amazing character-driven show about humanity and choices. X-files is a great classic. And if you need light-hearted, and again, you need to really work into this show's groove (and you will after season 1), I recommend The Office. It does have a great romance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two votes for Outlander. Sounds like a must watch :) I've watched all Lost and X-files episodes, and The Walking Dead is a favourite...anxiously waiting for February 12! I haven't seen The Office. Thank you for the suggestions :)

      Delete
  4. I'm apparently easy to entertain. Pretty much any series that's suggested to me, I love. I truly do enjoy all the Gothic-style series out right now, but sometimes I need to break it up with humor. Jane the Virgin is fun, not deep, just silly fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't heard of that one, Amity. I'll look it up. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. The pain! the pain! of not seeing GOT every week. Can't wait for it to return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From binge watching to nothing...it's just not fair, lol.

      Delete