FINDING THE WRITE WORDS TO HAPPY-EVER-AFTERS

Heartwarming Contemporary Romances

MY BLOG

MY BLOG

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

At the Cottage with Charmaine Gordon

Welcome to the cottage, Charmaine!

Please take a seat on one of the comfy chairs in the sitting room by the fire.
Thanks, Darlene. I am cozy now.

What can I get you to drink and maybe a snack?
I prefer ice tea with green grapes on the side to munch on. One Peppermint Pattie is essential once a day.

Tell us a little about yourself.
After years of being the Home Engineer, when we finished years of Air Force duty with pilot husband, we moved to New York where I spread my wings and began a great career as an actor in the big city. Daytime Dramas like One Life to Live-eleven years with them, All My Children, Another World and then movies beckoned with bit parts. Working Girl where I sang Happy Birthday to Melanie Griffith-at the break I shared a hot dog with Harrison Ford; When Harry Met Sally-we all sang along with Carrie Fisher during a break and so much more and the disaster struck. Toward the end of a long run Off-Broadway play, I lost my good voice to Spasmodic Dysphonia. That ended acting yet creative juices flowed and I wrote my first book To Be Continued. Query letters went out, Vanilla Heart Publishing wanted to see the whole book and soon I had a contract. Yes, I cried. What good luck. Seven years later and I’m still with this terrific company.

I’m not a fan of winter. What is the weather like this time of year in your area?
Surprise thus far, today is sunny with 50 degrees. Hoping for a good winter, because I fear falling after the disastrous fall I had last April. I can walk and think more clearly now and I write every day.

What do you enjoy doing when you’re not writing?
I exercise-a passion from years past. It keeps me strong. Weary of cooking, I kind of dabble with it nutrition in mind.

Are you an animal person? If so, what do you have?
We have four cats now. It’s a circus to watch them in action but I long for dogs. Too late to bring a canine in our cozy Cape Cod. I do have Grand-dogs, my daughter’s, a rescued sweet Gracie mixed Lab and Tommy, a rescued pit bull and how they love when I sleep-over. They love their Granny and display it with fervor.

What is one obsession you possess? 
Probably writing tops my list. So many stories; so little time.

What book might we find on your bedside table?
Anything by John Sandford. I write romance/suspense with humor and pets. He writes murder and mayhem with a sense of humor.

Where is your favourite place to read? 
In Bed, at night. Thanks for asking.

What’s your next writing project? 
I’m four thousand words into a WIP. A man and woman meet in the Veterinarian’s office. She has an old cat. He has a young puppy.

Describe yourself in three words. 
Happy, determined, humorous

The cover of Chef's Surprise is lovely.
Please share with us a peek into Chef’s Surprise.
One night, she ran. For the bus to freedom and a new life. She had a plan, and a small box of cash. With grit and determination, the young girl learned more than lessons at nursing college, the first part of her plan. Someday, she would become a top chef, but for now, she’d claw her way up the ladder. There is payback for every crime, and sometimes the payback is more than satisfactory. 

Nook
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/chefs-surprise-charmaine-gordon/1125529990?
Kobo
https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/chef-s-surprise
Kindle
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N37DGLU
Apple
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id1197896581

Thank you for visiting, Charmaine! It’s been great getting to know you. Please stop by the cottage again soon! 
Where can we keep in touch with you?
http://authorCharmaineGordon.wordpress.com
Twitter @CharJGordon
http://www.facebook/charmaine.gordon

Thanks, Darlene for being such a warm hostess. Time for me to feed the cats and get involved with the new story. My best to all your guests. Chef’s Surprise is my twenty fifth book with Vanilla Heart. Guaranteed to please a readers desire.

2 comments:

  1. So nice to have you at the cottage today, Charmaine! It's cool that you were on those soap operas AND to share a hot dog with Harrison Ford...#WowMoment Love the cover of Chef's Surprise. Wishing you much success with this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun interview. Loved One life to Live, I too have cats and they always vote no on getting a dog. I like the idea of Gran-dogs. I have lots of those.

    ReplyDelete