FINDING THE WRITE WORDS TO HAPPY-EVER-AFTERS

Heartwarming Contemporary Romances

MY BLOG

MY BLOG

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

At the Cottage with N.N. Light

Today, I'd liked to welcome to the cottage, Mrs. and Mr. Light!

Please take a seat on one of the comfy chairs in the sitting room by the fire.
Mrs. N: Thank you so much for having us. We’re so thrilled to be here. Wow, these seats are really comfy.
Mr. N: I agree, my love. What a cozy room and the fireplace is warming my tired body.

What is your favourite beverage and snack food?
Mrs. N: Both Mr. N and myself love Coke Zero. But at the end of a very long day, there’s nothing like a glass of wine to soothe me. I’m not a wine snob but I do love Sauvignon Blanc.
Mr. N: Don’t forget about your rosé, too, darling. You love Mateus.
Mrs. N: Oh yes, I love Mateus. It goes with anything and is so light and refreshing.
Mr. N: I’m a bourbon man and currently am enjoying Tin Cup, Buffalo Trace, Gentleman Jack and of course, Jim Beam.
Mrs. N: Snack food, you say? Well, I think I can speak for the both of here when I say we both love chocolate and chips. A little sweet, a little salty… the perfect snack food.

Tell us a little about yourself.
Mrs. N: We’re the bestselling husband-wife writing team, commonly known as Mr. N and Mrs. N. I’ve been creating stories ever since I was little. My grandfather remembers when I was two years old, I would stand at the top of the stairs and tell him a story filled with emotion (and in a language foreign to him) with my hands on my hips. Let’s just say I was a born storyteller. We’re blissfully happy and love all things chocolate, books, music, movies, art, sports, trains, history, cooking and baking. Our mantra is to spread the Light. In addition to being authors, we’re also book promoters/reviewers, social media marketers/influencers and the owners of N. N. Light Author Promotions. We both love books, have ever since we were young. Matching up books and readers is something that gives us great pleasure.

I’m not a fan of winter. What is the weather like this time of year in your area?
Mr. N: I’ll take this one. We live up in Canada where winter likes to hang on. Although, this year it’s been pleasant-enough. Sure, we’ve had some snow and cold weather but never for very long. We were blessed to have a weekend of warm weather (in the 50’s) and most of the snow melted. Spring can’t be far off and that’s a blessing.

What do you enjoy doing when you’re not writing?
Mrs. N: We enjoy many things including music, movies, television, sports, fantasy sports, reading, cooking and baking but mostly we enjoy spending time together. There’s nothing we like better than sitting out on our Solarium with our feet up, watching the world go by. We can see a lot of birds, trees and nature from our Solarium and it’s so relaxing to sit there and watch.
Mr. N: Don’t forget about the trains. See, our property faces North and we love watching the commuter and CN trains pass by. It’s like my own personal train set. *chuckles*
Mrs. N: That’s right, it’s one of the reasons why we live here. We love the trains. 

Are you an animal person? If so, what do you have?
Mrs. N: We respect animals but don’t have any pets. We support several animal rights/protection groups and…
Mr. N: … We wish pet owners would keep their dogs on a tight leash when walking. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been walking to work and vicious dogs are roaming free on the sidewalk, snarling and barking at everyone from young children to the elderly. Pet owners should be respectful and realize there’s other people walking besides them.

What is one obsession you possess?
Mrs. N: My obsession is books. I’m proud to own a first edition Agatha Christie as well as several other coveted books. I love to read and it gives me great pleasure.
Mr. N: I don’t know that I’d call it an obsession but I’m proud to have an impressive music collection, featuring over 950 CDs. While the rest of the world is streaming their music, I can play the complete Lynyrd Skynyrd discography along with Twisted Sister, Bruce Springsteen, Dido, Prince, P!nk and ZZ Top any time.

What book might we find on your bedside table?
Mrs. N: The upcoming release of Margaret Atwood’s children book.
Mr. N: Baseball season is almost here and every year at this time I read, Why Time Begins on Opening Day by the great Thomas Boswell.

Where is your favourite place to read?
Mrs. N: We both love to read in two places: washroom and Solarium.

What’s your next writing project?
Mrs. N: We’re currently writing book two in the Princess of the Light series as well as a second poetry book.
Mr. N: I’m working on my alternative history book.

Describe yourself in three words.
Mrs. N: Creative, Encouraging, Sick (dealing with a bad cold right now)
Mr. N: Logical, Hard-Working, Happy

Please share with us a peek at your book, 
Poetry of Love: The Engagement Year
A modern-day courtship …

I had been searching for love my whole life. It took the opening up of the world via technology for me to find my soulmate. Once I laid eyes on her, at the arrivals gate, I knew I was never going to let her go. The following is a collection of poems I wrote to my angel, from our first meeting up until our wedding day. I was working crazy hours as a chef and I had a long commute. I chose my commuting time to pen her a poem each day. These poems speak of our life, our challenges and our growth together...in every aspect they speak of our love.

May this book give someone the courage to let their special someone know how much they care for them and how much they mean to them. Saying I love you is a gift you can give many times a day.

Available at Amazon Worldwide or FREE on Kindle Unlimited:
https://www.amazon.com/Poetry-Love-Engagement-N-Light-ebook/dp/B01M13IKRH

Thank you for visiting! It’s been great getting to know you. Please stop by the cottage again soon!
Thank you so much for inviting us to your cottage. We had a great time!

Where can we keep in touch with you? 
We’d love to hear from you and you can find us here:
http://princessofthelight.wordpress.com

17 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having us. We had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to have you visit today and to get to know both of you! I don't live near a train station, but I love hearing the whistles in the distance.

      Delete
  2. I knew we were kindred spirits! I have my CD collection as well. Gotta have something to replace the albums I can't play anymore but still have.

    We also live near train tracks. It's so soothing to lie in bed at night and feel the house shaking with the train's movement and hear the clacking. I love the sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Whenever friends come over, they're always impressed with our music collection and insist on us playing a CD they haven't heard for years.

    Oh Melissa, we love that, too. It's the best sound in the world to be in bed and listen to the trains go by in the middle of the night.

    We're totally kindred spirits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an enjoyable post, getting to know you two better - I'm a train lover too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy and thank you so much for stopping by. Lol, we should start a train lovers club. We'll bring the wine... ;)

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed the inteview very much - it was great getting to know more about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your lovely comments, Hywela. It's fun doing these interviews.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for joining in on the chat with N.N. Light, Melissa, Judy, and Hywela! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun post Mr and Mrs N. Afraid I gave up the ghost with my CD collection and packed them into a box. I'm now a huge fan of making playlists!! I can hear you sobbing Mr N!
    Good luck with your lovely release. Anni xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anni and thanks so much for stopping by. We love making playlists, too. Actually, Mr. N has a lot of playlists on our computer and we share when we can. I'll try to console Mr. N. lol! MRS N

      Delete
  8. A very interesting interview! I think it's wonderful when a husband and wife can work together as you do. Congrats on your latest novel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're thrilled you enjoyed our interview. We found that we naturally work well together. Plus, it gives an air of authenticity when writing characters. I'm always asking Mr. N, "Would a guy say this?" and he does the same for women.

      Delete
  9. A love story-this is you life together and I so admire both of you. My first love and I had that same communication. We always said,"Marriage is one long conversation." His heart attacked him one night. I lost my best friend and knew, one day, I'd meet another companion, and I did. So thanks for revealing your love of life together so fine. My best wishes forever.
    Charmaine Gordon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, Charmaine! Your kind words really touched us. We're sorry for your loss but happy you discovered a new companion. Love transforms us, makes us real and alive. *hugs*

      Delete

  10. Five Reasons Why I Can Say Love Spells And other Kinds Of Spell Works

    Reading about spell is not new to anyone who uses the internet frequently.More accurately, most of us depend greatly on the internet for information's and ways to fix things.It can be relationship related, or finance related or any kind of problem you can think of.So in all words we try everything we read to fix it which might just include spell casting.I know this sounds crazy but believe me spell casting is just as real as any other thing you can think of. It just turned out that the internet is flooded with a lot of fake making it is very difficult to separate the "shaft from the wheat" fake from real so here are five reason that i think will convince positively about spell casting

    Empirical Evidence
    Even before any of us reading this article was brought into exist those before us and before them and before those before them relied on spell for healing, protection, blessing and all other thing and guess what? they never complained about the failure maybe because there where no fakes then or those who asked the spell casters help completed the process rather that not seeing it through to the end.

    Paranormal That Science Can't Explain
    A lot supernatural thing happens around us.We are either too blind to see it or we just let science explain it for us.We think anything that science can't explain is left to be thought as nothing.

    Testimonies
    There are a lot of those all over the internet.Yes, we can say not all are true but yet again, we can't say that they are all not true because we can never be sure unless we go through the complete process that is required form us.

    My Testimony
    A lot of you reading this might say am sick or crazy or what ever you may please just describe how discontent you are with this article but am glad even one has his or her right to their personal opinion which this is.It can only be understood by those who see reasons with me.I was in a messed up situation and the only help i could get was from a spell caster and if i have to, will seek their help all over again because even if we refuse to believe,this world is bigger that what our eyes can see and what our senses can feel.

    Faith
    Even if this sounds religious, it will interest you to know that it is not religious because contrarily to what we all know, Magic or sorcery or spell making has nothing to do with religion its more like the understanding of deep nature that goes beyond what we see and what we feel.If it is right to believe that the earth rotates because some man made telescope tell us so,why is it wrong to believe magic sorcery or spells let us gain access to deep mother nature when nature expose itself everyday.

    This is not meant for everyone to read but if you do,and you want a spell caster find one carefully and if i would,i advice you contact DR UZOR with this OK uzorspelltemple@gmail.com *** use this in the usual email format just like your own email format***..website: (www.uzorspelltemple.webs.com )My husband was cheating on me with my friend and i almost lost him till i was able to contact dr.uzor for help, He was a great helper, he saved my marriage from the shame and the embarr[@]ssment, He restored my marriage just as he promised, my husband does not cheat on me anymore, who wants to save his/her relationship should contact email;uzorspelltemple@gmail.com ,,website:

    (www.uzorspelltemple.webs.com )

    ReplyDelete