Finding The Write Words with Darlene Fredette

Finding The Write Words with Darlene Fredette
Welcome to my blog!

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

At the Cottage with Stacy Gold

Welcome to the cottage, Stacy!

Please take a seat on one of the comfy chairs in the sitting room by the fire. What is your favourite beverage and snack food? 
Tea. I could drink tea all day long. In fact, most days I do. For snacks, I like anything to do with cheese. Any kind of cheese. On a cracker. Melted on chips. Served on a lovely charcuterie platter. Or just sliced from the block and stuffed in my mouth. I think it’s because I’m half Swiss.

Tell us a little about yourself. 
As mentioned above, I’m a compulsive tea drinker. I’m also an outdoor sports junkie and lover of good (and bad) puns. Two years ago, I gave up my job as Communications Director of a nonprofit mountain biking organization to write sassy, steamy, contemporary romance novels. I love writing stories with strong, independent women who kick ass at outdoor sports finding love and adventure in the great outdoors. When I’m not busy reading or writing, you can find me dancing, laughing, or playing hard in the mountains with my wonderful hubby and happy dog.

I’m not a fan of winter. What is the weather like this time of year in your area?
Well, I live in Colorado, so we definitely have winter. Which is fine by me since I love to ski. However, I live in Boulder, not in the mountains, so we have plenty of fifty and sixty degree days in the winter and loads of sunshine. If it snows at my house, it’s usually melted in a few days, and more than once I’ve worn sandals and snow boots on consecutive days.

What do you enjoy doing when you’re not writing?
If I’m indoors, I’m probably reading, cooking, or sitting in our sauna. Otherwise I love to get out with my hubby and our friends to ski (telemark, backcountry and cross country), mountain bike, whitewater kayak, hike, do yoga and take dance classes (I started learning to tap dance two years ago), or go swing or ballroom dancing. Get me to a hot spring after a hard day of playing in the mountains and I’m in heaven.

Are you an animal person? If so, what do you have? 
My father was a veterinarian, so I was pretty much raised to be an animal person. Growing up we usually had at least two dogs and two cats, and often a bird or fish or hamster too. Nowadays I have just one dog, though we’ll probably get a second one again in the next couple years. This also explains why many of my characters have pets.

What is one obsession you possess? 
Lately my friends have accused me of being obsessed with layering. And they’re probably right, because I believe there is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing. Layers are my secret to staying warm and happy in pretty much any conditions. Which means for virtually any activity I obsess about which layers to wear, and which to take with me—just in case. I’m not ashamed to gloat when I’ve picked the perfect combo of layers on a cold and stormy ski day.

What book might we find on your bedside table? 
Right now, I’m beta reading for my amazing critique partner, debut Harlequin author Laurel Greer. For something published, I just finished reading Him, and the sequels Us and The Good Boy, by Elle Kennedy and Sarina Bowen. Fantastic!

Where is your favourite place to read? 
Anywhere, anytime, preferably with a cup of tea close at hand. I have no favorite place, I’m just happy to grab reading time when and where I can.

What’s your next writing project?
I’ve got a few things I’m working on right now. I’m almost finished writing a second short, steamy ski romance set at the same ski area as my recently published short, Just Friends. I also have a first draft of a mountain biking novella ready for editing, and I’m halfway through my third round of editing on a full-length novel that features a heroine who leads inner city kids on backpacking trips.

Describe yourself in three words. 
Funny, weird, smart

Please share with us a peek at your book, Just Friends
 
Taya Monroe is trying to pick up the pieces of her failed writing career and broken life after walking out on her cheating fiancĂ©. The last thing she needs is a serious relationship. The last thing she wants is a fling. Then she runs into an old friend and ski partner—the one man she always wanted who never wanted her. 

Ski Patroller Jordan Wiley is a single dad with zero time or energy for dating. When he reconnects with Taya, his attraction to her is even stronger than before she left him behind for a career in the city. But with a young son to think about, he’s determined to ignore his feelings. Again. 

After a magical day on the slopes, a snow storm traps them in an avalanche of chemistry neither can deny. Will their friendship survive the weight of their passion or will they surface as more than friends?

The Wild Rose Press
http://wildcatalog.thewildrosepress.com/all-erotic/4942-just-friends.html
Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Just-Friends-Stacy-Gold-ebook/dp/B01N3A3KN6/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8
Barnes and Noble
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/just-friends-stacy-gold/1125590819?ean=2940157295653

Thank you for visiting! It’s been great getting to know you. Please stop by the cottage again soon! Where can we keep in touch with you?
Facebook: @AuthorStacyGold
Twitter: @AuthorStacyGold
Instagram: authorstacygold
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/author/stacygold
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/16423091.Stacy_Gold?from_search=true

Special Offer Enter to Win a $25 REI Gift Card and be the First to Know About Contests, Freebies, and Releases by Joining the Gold Club! http://stacygold.com/goldclub

16 comments:

  1. It was wonderful getting to know you today, Stacy. Just Friends sounds like a good read! I like your 'layering' obsession, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for having me Darlene. This interview was a lot of fun, and I'm so glad my layering obsession made you laugh too. I get so much good natured ribbing about that from my friends, it only seems right to amuse others with it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, I am layering right along with you :)
      By the way, you are a very active person with all those hobbies, kudos to you!

      Delete
  3. Hi Stacy, what a gorgeous cover for Just Friends. I live in Colorado as well and you nailed it re: layering,sounds like you have perfect the art. I have to go sit down now, I got tired reading about all your activities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the compliment on my cover Gini. Diana, my designer at The Wild Rose Press really did an amazing job. It's funny though, when people hear about all my sports and activities they often say it makes them tired, but part of the reason I do them is they are so energizing. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great interview, and your cover is gorgeous. Good luck, Stacy. Anni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with all - great cover! I am really into vanilla rooibos tea at the moment. Delish! It always makes me feel happy. Good luck with all Stacy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book sounds great, Stacy. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much Anni! I really enjoy getting to know new people, and letting them get to know me. So this interview was a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never had vanilla rooibos tea DeeDee, but it sounds delish. I'll have to try some for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks K.K.! So far reviews have been really positive so I like to think that means the actual story lives up to the blurb. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stacy, nice to meet another author from Colorado. I'm from the Colorado Springs area. Loved your interview and I too love tea. Have you been to Teavena? Their Winterberry flavor tea is to die for. Best of luck with Just Friends! A story right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tena, it is always nice to meet another Colorado author for sure. I'm up in Boulder, but I've been considering coordinating a periodic (quarterly or biannual) weeknight romance author meetup in Denver if your interested. I've never been to Teavana, but it's on my list. Thanks for the rec.

      Delete
  12. Love the line "snow storm traps them in an avalanche of chemistry." Great!
    Judy Gabriel (writing as Judy Meadows)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your books sounds sassy and sexy and energetic! We share a love the outdoors and tea. I'm from South Alabama where the outdoors means walking and running and climbing sand dues; and the tea is always iced-cold. LOL
    Best of luck and lots of sales!

    ReplyDelete