Finding The Write Words with Darlene Fredette

Finding The Write Words with Darlene Fredette
Welcome to my blog!

Monday, May 15, 2017

Monday's Muse with Jean M. Grant

I am very please to welcome, Jean M. Grant,
to feature Monday Muse this week! 

 Four is my Lucky Number 
by Jean M. Grant
Why is four my lucky number? Well, I have two kids, which makes us a family of four. It took forty queries (with requests by agents/editors for partials or full manuscripts) before I got that one “yes” from The Wild Rose Press. *Ahem* Forty just happens to be a multiple of four. My fourth manuscript was “the one” that made it to publication. I consider the first three my practice novels. And it took me exactly twenty years (okay, yeah, another multiple of four!) of blood, sweat, and tears before I got my break. So four is a fabulous, lucky number for me! Interested in how I made it this long without giving up? Perseverance, patience, and putting in the time. That is the magic formula. Plus maybe a little superstition around the number four.

Four also has a trend in my newly released (May 17th) novel, A Hundred Kisses. The heroine, Deirdre, has a special ability to sense the auras, or lifebloods of those around her. She can sense their emotions and feelings, which can be both an asset and a nuisance. She’s also cursed, and her husbands (two of them, and one betrothal) have all died in her bed or before their nuptials. That makes three dead (and unlucky) men. Does lucky number four, Alasdair Montgomerie, a man with his own tormented past, stand a chance to break the curse? You’ll have to read and find out! Also, her gift as a Feeler embraces the element of Fire. Magical abilities run strong in her family of feelers, healers, and seers, encompassing the four elements of fire, water, wind, and earth.

It’s funny how you don’t see the trends in one simple number, four, until you reflect upon it. Even though I am a planner and plotter, I didn’t see this trend of four in my novel (and life) until it was shining before me, almost laughing at me!
So yes, four happens to be my lucky number. I look forward to seeing what else four has in store for me in the years to come…maybe four books to be published in the next four years? Well, that may be wishful thinking but a gal can dream. Perhaps with a little luck on her side. Sláinte, Jean

Let's get to know a little about Jean and her new book,
A Hundred Kisses

I love writing…from non-fiction pieces, to stories with journeying protagonists (be it medieval Scotland, time traveling, or a post-cataclysmic event world)…to just about anything that stirs my imagination. That aspiring 12 year old girl, who penned a mediocre story about a girl named “Summer” (sorry, folks, that one has not made it to bookshelves), lives on in this thirty-something mom.
Website: http://www.jeanmgrant.com
Twitter: @JeanGrant05
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jeanmgrantauthor/

A Hundred Kisses
Two wedding nights. Two dead husbands. 

Deirdre MacCoinneach wishes to understand her unusual ability to sense others’ lifeblood energies…and vows to discover if her gift killed the men she married. Her father’s search for a new and unsuspecting suitor for Deirdre becomes complicated when rumors of witchcraft abound. 

Under the façade of a trader, Alasdair Montgomerie travels to Uist with pivotal information for a Claimant seeking the Scottish throne. A ruthless baron hunts him and a dark past haunts him, leaving little room for alliances with a Highland laird or his tempting daughter. 

Awestruck when she realizes that her unlikely travel companion is the man from her visions, a man whose thickly veiled emotions are buried beneath his burning lifeblood, Deirdre wonders if he, too, will die in her bed if she follows her father’s orders. Amidst magic, superstition, and ghosts of the past, Alasdair and Deirdre find themselves falling together in a web of secrets and the curse of a hundred kisses…

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Hundred-Kisses-Jean-M-Grant-ebook/dp/B06XPH5XX2
TWRP E-book: http://catalog.thewildrosepress.com/all-titles/5014-a-hundred-kisses.html
TWRP Paperback: http://catalog.thewildrosepress.com/paperback-books/5070-a-hundred-kisses-paperback.html

12 comments:

  1. Good luck with your debut! It sounds great! Claire Marti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for visiting today, Jean, and for sharing your story! The number four definitely does have some purpose for you. Your debut book sounds interesting. Nice cover! Be sure to come back and visit with books two, three, and FOUR :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to have you host me, Darlene! Thanks for the spotlight!I do enjoy looking for patterns in numbers...it's the scientist in me. :) And I will definitely visit again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky number four. Interesting how that number has influenced your life. I'll have to check and see if I can find a lucky number. All the best in your new release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is funny the patterns we see upon reflection...

      Delete
  5. Great post. So much we do in life is seen in hindsight as somehow preordained....Your book sounds fascinating! Best of luck with sales.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you all the luck with your debut release...four and lots of zeros for your sales. And welcome to the Rose Garden! Best, Anni xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed getting to know you more, Jean. My lucky number is five and I published five books in my first series--a bestselling one, too! Wishing you all the best and looking forward to reading your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your books sound interesting, Mary! Congrats on the bestseller.

      Delete
  8. Good luck with your debut! Sounds like a wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love author interviews, they give a little insight to the author we didn't have before. Best of luck with A Hundred Kisses, sounds like an intriguing book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for visiting!

    ReplyDelete