Finding The Write Words with Darlene Fredette

Finding The Write Words with Darlene Fredette
Welcome to my blog!

Friday, August 11, 2017

My Recap on A Dad for Charlie

Have you ever watched a movie, then watched another soon afterward and one of the actors is in that same movie? A kind-of similar thing has occurred in the past several books I've read. Not the same character as that would just be weird, but a similar theme...children.
Family of His Own
Haunted Souls
A Child's Christmas
Ethan's Daughter
...and most recently...A Dad for Charlie
All of these books had a child as a main character. How odd.

Okay, back to the topic at-hand, my recap review of A Dad for Charlie.

First, isn't the cover too cute with Charlie on Fletch's back! The main characters are interesting, and each one has their own past trauma to overcome. The daughter even gets her own point of view, which ups the emotion in the story. One of my favourite characters is a secondary character, but she's not to be overlooked. Calliope Jones is so intriguing. She has a major scene in this story, which I just loved! But that's all I can say without releasing spoilers.

I really enjoyed revisiting Butterfly Harbor. If you've never been there, I suggest you get to a book store and pick up the first book in the series. Each book stands well on its own, so no worries if you don't start with the first one.

I gave this book five stars!

To read my complete review, visit Still Moments Magazine.
http://stillmomentsezine.blogspot.ca/2017/08/a-dad-for-charlie.html

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the lovely review!! Thrilled you enjoyed. And not to worry! I'm actually writing Calliope's story now! It'll be out Christmas of next year (the first Butterfly Harbor Christmas book I get to write ).

    ReplyDelete