"An artist is a person who uses conscious skill and creative imagination."

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Blank Pages

When I wrote my last blog post (in May) I had started writing a new book, but stopped to continue edits on my finished manuscript. My last chapter was returned from my beta readers this week. Next week, I will give the pages one last review and have it ready to send to the new editor once she takes over Escape's managing editing position. I'm hoping the new editor likes the third book in my Redford Falls series, but because she isn't familiar with the series, I'm not sure if her response will be positive. If rejected then I will have to adjust the story line to remove it from the series and make it into a new stand alone title. Fingers are crossed I don't have to do that, but I am prepared to make the changes if necessary.

While waiting for my seventh story to find a home, I am taking a 'writing' break. I have lost the confidence in my writing and trying to push the words is frustrating. I have a few stories in the works, but I'm letting them sit on the shelf for a bit. The words just aren't coming to me. The pencil is ready, but the page is blank. So, I am taking the next two months off. I hope the break will give me a breath to 'find the write words' and maybe my writing mojo will sharpen a return in the New Year.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the break brings you back to writing with renewed vigor 2019! Keep us posted, and enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna, thank you for stopping by! I think the new stories buzzing in my head will force a return at some point, lol.

    ReplyDelete