"An artist is a person who uses conscious skill and creative imagination."

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Rick Grimes' Last Episode

Due to early Monday mornings wake-ups, we don't watch Sunday's airing of The Walking Dead until Monday evening.
As a huge fan of The Walking Dead, Rick Grimes, and Andy Lincoln, I was anxiously awaiting Rick Grime's last episode. And my patience was tested. My daughter was suppose to get off work at 7:30pm, but called to say she would be late as she was asked to cover a later shift. This meant she wouldn't be off until 9:00pm and she had to close, which meant 9:10pm. I had the DVR on and the remote in my had, ready to hit Play as soon as her butt hit the sofa.

With my anxiety levels rising every minute that passed, I squeezed my hands together, waiting for Rick to say goodbye. I don't think I've ever been on the edge of my seat for a television show.

Wow! That is my one word summary of this week's episode. I won't reveal any spoilers as you MUST watch this show, but I will say I am thrilled they didn't have Rick's departure by zombie attack. The anticipation of this final scene was crazy! Then, seeing tears in Darryl's and Carol's eyes was heartbreaking.

What an episode!

My daughter has been watching The Walking Dead since the beginning, but I didn't enter until season three. I immediately became a 'Dead' fan. Hearing my favourite cast member was leaving was beyond upsetting. I thought for sure the show was doomed. But the skilled producers and writers made Rick's final scene amazing to watch and the ending gave me hope. I will continue to watch The Walking Dead because my other cast favourites (especially Darryl, Carol, Ezekiel, Jesus, and Negan) have new stories to tell.

A 'Dead' fan forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment