Monday, February 1, 2021

Newsletter ~ February 2021

Where did January go? Seems like the month flew by, which is okay with me because that means we are closer to spring. We had a pretty good January - weather wise - here on the Atlantic Coast. One snowfall and above normal temperatures. It was so nice not freezing on my morning walks with Keefer. I wouldn’t complain so much about winter if the temperature stayed at normal (even I can take a little cold – lol) and the snowfalls were minimal. But, as I type this newsletter, they are calling for a wind and rain warning starting tomorrow morning, however that’s before 10cm of snow is expected. Which means, I have to race outside just before the snow turns to freezing rains and shovel before the rain makes it cement. I did say in the middle of January that we were going to pay for the calm winter we’d been experiencing so far, and I have no doubts February will kick us in the butt.

My birthday was in January…even though I keep telling my family I want to move my birthday to July. I received lots of hot chocolate and carnation flowers from my husband, and my daughter gave me a beautiful necklace with a cross and hearts. Another birthday gone. Another year older. Age is but a number to me. I don’t dwell on the number, though some days I feel even older, lol.
In crafting news, I am almost done my diamond art craft! I hope to have it finished this month. Once it’s completed, I’m not sure how I am going to mount it on the wall. It’s too big for a frame, so I’m thinking gluing it to a nice piece of wood to make it look more like a print. Guess I have to finish it first. I’m starting a new charm project this weekend. It will be a sun catcher focusing on my province as a Nova Scotia strong symbol. I’ll post a photo in next month’s newsletter. 

In pandemic news, my province had no new cases yesterday and we only have ten active cases. Unfortunately, the province next to us has over two-hundred, so we continue to practice safe distancing here. Vaccines are rolling out, but it will probably be fall before we receive notice. 
In writing news, I hope to soon hear from my editor on my submission. I have fingers crossed for this one as it is the fifth book in my Redford Falls series. I am at the halfway point in writing a novella for my publisher’s One Scoop or Two themed books. I am really enjoying this story. My goal is to have it done by the end of the month as the publisher said to get it in for March if I want to make the summer release schedule. Then, it’s onto book six in Redford Falls. With the next five books in the series, I will be focusing on the five Marley brothers. Can’t wait to start writing this new set. 

In reading news, I read some awesome books in January. I went on an Alaskan reading binge and got caught up on Beth Carpenter’s Northern Light series. This is such a great series. I also visited The Mountain Monroes in Second Chance with Melinda Curtis’ The Littlest Cowgirls, and I loved returning to Butterfly Harbor with Anna J. Stewart’s Bride On The Run. All my reviews can be found here as well as Still Moments Magazine’s site, with Bride On The Run review due this week.

In blogging news, I had lots of funs guests in January! Click on ‘Be My Guest’ under my 2021 Features. More guests coming this month AND a special February Fur-Ever, where I’ll be chatting with guests about their fur babies. I am really looking forward to seeing lots of photos. 

That’s all the news I can think of for now, but before I go, I want to share a couple of book sales from some friends in the rose garden! Until next month, stay safe and stay warm. Hugs, Darlene

**BOOKS ON SALE**

Learning To Love by Jennifer Wilck February 5 - 19
Dina Jacobs is a single librarian who has never fit in due to her off-the-charts intelligence, frizzy hair and rounder-than-socially-acceptable figure. She left her past behind until she receives an invitation to her ten-year high school reunion, and all her insecurities return. 

Adam Mandel is a single corporate attorney who just missed his third deadline at his father's law firm, the law firm where he is up for junior partner. With his reputation on the line, Adam needs all the help he can get to convince his father that he deserves the promotion. 

When Dina and Adam run into each other on a deserted road, Dina thinks Mr. Flashypants can't possibly be interested in someone like her. Adam thinks Dina is just the person to help him improve his reputation. Lies and insecurities force them to take a look at themselves. Can they trust each other to look beyond the surface?
https://www.amazon.com/Learning-Love-Serendipity-Book-3-ebook/dp/B07J49V5SP

Rise For Me by Kristal Dawn Harris January 29 - February 12
Vampire and warlock, Roman Lee, spent centuries alone as ringmaster of the carnival. After befriending and healing a scarred, young woman, Roman realizes Mariah is his mate. He waits for her, but when she departs from his life, his torture knows no bounds. Now he's risen, unforgiving and angry, forced from his grave by the one woman who captured his heart, but will another secret and the call of his mate change everything? 

The steady call of Roman's blood and the promise of peace brings Mariah Stone home to the carnival and the vampire she left behind. He ignores her until she forces him from the grave with her blood. His anger crushes her already broken spirit, but she is determined to win Roman's forgiveness and free him from their bond. Denied passion leads them down a path of magic and desire, while a devastating secret threatens eternal love. 
https://www.amazon.com/Rise-Me-Kristal-Dawn-Harris-ebook/dp/B08RRYSPHY/

No comments:

Post a Comment