Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Writing a Mystery?

My muse to me...Let's write a murder mystery.
Me to my muse...I write romance.
My muse to me...Let's give it a shot, pun intended.
Me...three hours later with a full plot outline.
Me to my muse...Okay!

Last week, I thought of a murder mystery storyline. Pieces of a plot came out of nowhere, and over the next few days, a complete story was mapped out in my head. 

And this story doesn't have a romance! I'm a romance writer, so how can it not be a romance or even have a little romance? The plot drives the story and doesn't require the lead to have a love interest. She's too busy trying to solve a murder.

I've written cozy mysteries into my romance books, but this is a new genre for me to mainly focus on solving the crime. 

I'm working on my character list this week and will start typing next week or sooner if my muse has anything to do with it, lol.

After receiving the rights back to my library of books, I've been designing new covers and editing them for republishing, but I'm looking forward to dipping into the waters of a new genre, and I think writing a brand new story is the kick-in-the-butt my writing muse needs right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment