Friday, January 26, 2024

A New Year and New Adventures

A new year has started, I turned another year older, and there are new adventures ahead. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

There is nothing like the feeling of holding your book in your hand. A lot of work goes into writing all the words between the front and back covers. Weeks of writing and sometimes those weeks turn into a year, then there are rounds of edits, not one or two rounds maybe three or four. Submit to your publishing editor, contracts to sign, more edits, cover art, promotion (my least favourite), release day celebrations, more promotion (again, my least favourite). I'm sure I'm missing something in between. But my point is that writing a book is a lot of work.

The photo above shows my library of books, with the exception of Cherry Red as I don't have a physical copy of that one (I inserted a picture of it). This will be the last time you see those covers. I now retain the rights to my library of books, but the covers belong to my publisher(s). All cover art has been removed from my social media and over the next few weeks, I will be designing new covers for each book (with the exception of Trickster). I just wanted to share one last photo of these covers, which I'll miss as I've been lucky to have had some beautiful art work. I'll also be working on new digital versions of my books to be available for purchase soon.

I had hope to blog twice a week, but with working on my book library and taking on a new writing venture, AND constantly chasing my two dogs, I don't think I'll have time. I'll try to share something at least once a week, but there won't be a set day.

I wanted 2024 to be a little calmer and slower than past years, but I'm excited to begin a new adventure with my writing...and I'm a little nervous too. I'll share more as my journey continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment