Monday, December 3, 2018

Let the Decorating Begin

I am placing this post under "My Favourite Things" because decorating for Christmas is definitely one of my facourite things to do!

My daughter and I usually decorate the main tree the first weekend of December, but this year we had to rush things a bit as she had to go to work in the afternoon.

So my husband hauled out the boxes from storage and we started decorating right after breakfast. I put on my mixed playlist of Christmas tunes and opened the boxes. Our main tree in the living room is an assortment of glass, white, frosted, silver, and red ornaments. An hour later we were done and very pleased with the end result.

A short break later to have lunch and drive my daughter to work, I then started on the rest of the Christmas decor. I placed my village on the top of one side of the kitchen cupboards. I used to place them on a table, but the houses grew and more space was needed. I love having them stretched out and sparkling with lights.
On the other side of the cupboards, I put some of my snowman collection and added more white mini lights to highlight the snowmen at night.
Then the hutch in the dining room was next. A few more snowmen mixed with some other snowy decorations.
I cleared off my desk (I'll be using my laptop on my lap for a few weeks) and added the rest of my snowman collection.

At this point, my husband told me that everything didn't have to be decorated in one day, but my response was...yes it does, lol. However, I did leave one last item for the next day, but got a start on the decor. I put up our second tree in the dining room. This one is smaller than our main tree, which is perfect as it doesn't take up a lot of space. I placed the lights on the tree and then called it a productive day. The next morning, my daughter and I decorated the tree with a few new ornaments we bought this year and an assortment of oldies we have kept through the years. We still have five of the set of eight bells my husband and I bought for our first Christmas together as a married couple (twenty six years ago).

You may be asking where was my husband through all this decorating, well inside decorating isn't his thing. He says he leaves that to the professionals (me and my daughter) lol, but he does help with the outside lights, which we already set up a few weeks ago but don't turn on until December 1st.

With the decorating done, let the holidays begin!

Is your house decorated and what are some of your favourite decorations?

No comments:

Post a Comment