"An artist is a person who uses conscious skill and creative imagination."

Friday, December 7, 2018

Snuggle Cuddles

Now that we're in the holiday season, I'm singing the song, "These are a Few of My Favorite Things", so I've decided to share some of my favourite holiday things.

One of my most favourite things to do this time of year is to get comfy on the sofa with a cup of peppermint hot chocolate and my cozy blanket, and watch a Hallmark Christmas movie.

However, last night I had some company.

Keefer, who is now nine months, got it in his head that he wanted to join me on the sofa. Note...while I love my boys, they shed their yellow fur all year round, which loves to cling to our brown sofa, so the rule has always been - no dogs allowed on the sofa.

Keefer ever-so-slowly edged his foot and then another onto the sofa and my blanket as though I don't see him.

He then shuffled his butt to the back of the sofa and wrapped his paw over my legs. Not once during his daring attempt did he make eye contact as he pretended all was well and began to watch television (head on pillow).

When I asked what he was doing, he turned and gave me the "Love you Mum" look. Well, I can't resist though big brown eyes, so needless to say, I broke the rule for a short time. Sometimes you just have cherish the snuggle cuddle and vacuum the sofa in the morning.

Keefer took my silence as approval and settled back on the pillow and tucked his nose into my blanket.

We cuddled for a good a good twenty minutes before he jumped off the sofa and returned to his dog bed.

One of my favourite things is definitely some warm snuggle cuddles!


No comments:

Post a Comment