"An artist is a person who uses conscious skill and creative imagination."

Monday, December 17, 2018

What Weekend?

Where did the weekend go? I barely remember Saturday, other than the long awaited temperature. We've had well-below normal through most of December, so it was nice to have sunshine and 3C on Saturday.

I walked the dogs, but because the roads were wet from melting snow, my yellow labs had black lab bellies. They were a dirty mess and needed to be cleaned before coming inside. The walk was very enjoyable now that Keefer is walked with a head halter. We bought a halter many years ago for our German Shepherd. He was a strong puller on walks to the point where my arm was in constant pain. This collar was amazing! Our Shepherd became a joy to walk. He instantly stopped tugging. The head halter goes around the dog's neck and snout. It isn't a muzzle as the dog can still open their mouth. The difference between a head halter and a collar is when the dog pulls or tugs, it is their jaw that takes the pull and not their neck. It's like walking Jekyll and Hyde! Gone was the crazy dog walking me and in its place was a well-trained dog.

I had to use the halter on Jagger as a pup as well, but not as long because he didn't like the halter and quickly learned to walk at my side. Jagger is a joy to walk. He walks beside me and doesn't falter even if someone walks by.

Keefer reminded me of the days of walking our Shepherd. He's a tugger and tries his best to be the leader. Last week I dug out the halter. He didn't like it much either. He swiped at it with his paws and would occasionally body surf in the snow, hoping to get the halter off. However, like with our other two dogs, I clip the leash onto the halter and their collar for extra support and to ward off any escape the dog may make from the halter.

Success! Keefer walks so much better now. He doesn't tug or pull anymore. I now enjoy morning walks with my two yellow labs, one on each side.

So, Saturday was a blur and Sunday was busy with house cleaning and baking cookies. I baked Snickerdoodle cookies and used a few cookie cutters. This was my first attempt at using cookie cutters and while the Christmas stockings and stars turned out okay, my gingerbread men looks more like a blowfish, lol.

I also took a few minutes to create a couple new black and white card bookmark designs. Here are two of  my favourites, but you can find more on the right of my blog under "Save My Page Bookmarks".

A busy weekend, but a good one.

How did you spend your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Really like your new artwork. I could have used that halter for my Boer goat, never heard of them before. love learning new "stuff" for animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gini! Thank you. The head halter doesn't seem to be a common as other training tools. But it should be. I'm sure you could have used it for your goat, lol.

    ReplyDelete