Wednesday, December 12, 2018

A New Tradition

As the excitement of Christmas grows and my holiday break approaches, I have to share another of my holiday favourites. This is actually a new one...a tradition my family started just last year.

Last year, me, my husband, and my daughter went to Neptune to see It's a Wonderful Life, live theatre. It's a Wonderful Life is my favourite Christmas movie and we watch it every year, so to get to see it in theatre version with actors was quite thrilling. We had balcony seats and our eyes were glued to the stage. The show was absolutely amazing! All the actors were very good, but the man who payed Jimmy Stewart did a great job as did the gentleman who portrayed Clarence. I had watched this movie so many times, I could recite their words before the actors spoke them, lol.
Before the show, we had dinner at a restaurant close by. We enjoyed our day so much, we promised to go again.

This year, my daughter wanted to continue our new tradition, but this time she wanted to treat her parents and bought tickets to Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol. This is another Christmas classic and my second favourite Christmas movie. The story of Ebenezer Scrooge and ghostly visits from Christmas past, present, and future. A story that warms your heart as Scrooge finds redemption.
I must admit, one of my favourite versions of this movie is in cartoon with Micky Mouse playing Bob Cratitch and Scrooge McDuck playing Scrooge. Goofy is a perfect Marley, lol.
The live theatre play was a one man show so we weren't sure what to expect, but we were excited and the show did not disappoint! We were four rows from the stage which was a simple setting yet required nothing more. It placed the audience in every scene.

The main actor was amazing at paying several roles. He interacted with the audience, and his added humour made the show even more enjoyable. There was also a puppeteer who played the role of the three ghosts. He didn't speak (the ghost's voices were through a speaker) but he didn't need to. He did a great job making the puppets real.

Overall, the show was very good! We even got our photo taken with the actor and puppeteer as they gave their version of 'Bah, Humbug'.

Another wonderful day at the theatre! And we kept tradition with going to supper at a local restaurant.
I really like this new tradition we've set and I can't wait to see what show we'll go to next year!

What's your favourite Christmas movie?

3 comments:

  1. White Christmas is my favorite Christmas movie. My sister and I used to watch it several times during the holiday season. Another one I like is Meet Me in St. Louis, with Judy Garland. Have a great holiday, Darlene. By the way, I've tried to subscribe a few times by email, but I never receive a confirmation. Do you see my address in your system? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill! Thank you for stopping by! White Christmas is anther good one. I don't think I've seen Meet Me in St. Louis. I don't get to see the email subscribers, at least I don't think so. I will go check that out, lol. Wishing you the best during the holiday season, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Darlene! Wishing you and your family a safe and happy holiday. I never did receive a confirmation to subscribe to your blog. You might have to send me an email whenever you post! LOL! Take care, Darlene.

    ReplyDelete