Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Newsletter ~ March 2021


We're getting closer to spring! Which means, we're closer to summer! The temperatures here on the Atlantic Coast are above normal and I'm enjoying every moment of it as I know winter hasn't let go of us yet. Today, is 6c and the sun is shining. Of course, the roads were wet this morning from a bit of snow last night, but me and my baby boy went for our early morning walk. With the milder temperatures, we've extended our walk which adds another ten or fifteen minutes to our already thirty minute stroll.

Speaking of my baby boy, Keefer turned three on Saturday. He's still has the sillies and probably always will as that's his personality. He's also still a big baby. He loves attention and cuddles. My daughter and I spoiled him on his birthday with lots of toys. A lot of his stuffies had undergone surgery several times and we're beyond repair, so new ones were a must. He also got a few new balls to play with in the yard. This is Keefer with the stuffie my daughter bought him, which he loves!
In writing news, I have a lots to share! My manuscript 'Finding Home Again' the fifth story in my Redford Falls series was offered a contract! All paperwork has been completed and the first round of edits with my editor begin early next week. I'm so excited to have this book published. This story is about Jordan, who had a brief mention in 'A Recipe For Forever'. She has a secret tie to a prominent family in Redford Falls. That's all I can say, lol. The story also has a bit of mystery. I'll do a shout-out as soon as I have a cover to share. As well, I finished a novella, which was written for my publisher's One Scoop Or Two themed stories. I really enjoyed writing this story, which has a hunky firefighter. Fingers crossed my editor will like this story.

I am taking a short break from writing. Nah, that's not true, lol. I was going to take a week or two off to work on other things, which I still plan to do. I have a few things to do for Still Moments Magazine, and I want to make book trailer videos for all of my books, but while I am doing those things, I have already mapped out the characters for my next set of five books in Redford Falls. This set will focus on the five Marley brothers. Can't wait to start Ethan's story.

In other news, my diamond art is almost done. I'll share a photo once it's completed. I've also started making charm sun catchers. The first ones I made have a nautical theme to represent #NovaScotiaStrong.
I also made a sun catcher for my friend who loves wine. 
With Covid numbers low in this area, they are thinking about opening the Atlantic bubble again. This probably won't happen until summer, and once more vaccines are distributed. We are already talking about visiting the cottage this summer. We didn't get to go last year due to Covid, but we may be able to go this year. Fingers crossed!

Though we haven't had a lot of snow this year - thank goodness - it has been cold. We had several weeks of temperatures well below normal. I do enjoy looking outside at my Winter Heather plant which has flowers. My husband bought a few of these small evergreen bushes last spring and told me they flower in winter, but I didn't believe him. Well, he was right! A touch of colour is so nice to see this time of year when everything is brown and gloomy.
In reading news, I went on another reading blitz with Cari Lynn Webb's City By The Bay series. I love the characters she writes about. Be sure to check out my book reviews I posted last week. I am currently reading the seventh book in the series, Three Makes a Family. The cover is absolutely beautiful. Then, I am going back to the Honor Bound series by Anna J. Stewart. These stories are romance suspense. The first book drew me in on the first page. 

And in blogging news, February was so much fun with my guests sharing their Fur-Babies! I will definitely be doing that again next year so we can see more awesome pet photos. My blog is filled with guests on Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the spring, so stop by and get to know more fantastic authors.

As I wrap up this month's newsletter, I'll end with another photo of Keefer. Shhh... he's sleeping and using his favourite stuffie as a pillow (so cute)! Stay safe! Hugs, Darlene


1 comment:

  1. Wish I could hug Keefer. You are one busy lady! looking forward to Jordan's story in Redford Falls.

    ReplyDelete