Friday, August 27, 2021

Book Review - The Color Of Heaven

The Color Of Heaven 
Julianne MacLean 
January 2014 

Sophie Duncan is a successful columnist whose world falls apart after her daughter’s unexpected illness and her husband’s shocking affair. When it seems nothing else could possibly go wrong, her car skids off an icy road and plunges into a frozen lake. There, in the cold dark depths of the water, Sophie experiences something profound and extraordinary—something that unlocks the secrets from her past, and teaches her what it means to truly live. 

Between The Pages 
I saw this book at local bookstore and was drawn to the cover. The book is written by a local author, so I had to buy it. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I was quickly engrossed in the story. More of a women’s fiction than a romance novel, but there are romantic elements included. The story is absolutely engaging. I could not put the book down. The plot is interesting and emotional from beginning to end. There are several twists I did not see coming. The author is a master storyteller with this thought-provoking storyline. I highly recommend this book, and I will definitely look for more books in The Color of Heaven Series. 

Rating 
5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment