Friday, February 25, 2022

February News 2022

Where has this month gone? Technically, I'm happy that it's almost over (I don't like winter) but the
days are flying by. February has been a cold and dreary month on the Atlantic Coast. We've had below normal temperatures and several storms. However, our storms are anything but normal this winter. Each time they call for snow, there's a warning of freezing rain mixed into the storm. The ice from the beginning of February just melted this week. We are under another storm warning for today with snow starting around the lunch hour. But at least this storm doesn't have any rain mix. 

I am patiently (okay not so patient) waiting for winter to be over. I know March can be a miserable month too, but at least it will be officially Spring and we can say goodbye to winter. We have a few outdoor projects I am anxious to begin. We currently have a rock garden in the centre of our side yard, but I want to reconstruct it by moving it somewhere else in order to open the area. This is a big projects as several plants have to be moved and I'm hoping they will survive the transplanting. We also have lots of larger rocks that will need to be moved to another spot in the yard. I am still thinking about where to put them. We just need the ground to thaw, milder temperatures, and lots of sunshine.

My new book, Finding Home Again, released on February 07. I had small book tour with several stops, which I hope resulted in some interest in my book. Finding Home Again is still on NetGalley until the 28th, so if you haven't checked it out, be sure to head there before Monday! Finding Home Again also received some great reviews! 

In other writing news, Derailed Hearts has been contracted and I am working with my editor. This book is the first Redford Falls sub-series titled 'The Marleys of Redford Falls'. I hope Derailed Hearts will receive a release date for this year. I have the cover art, but I'm waiting to share it until I get a release date. I am also writing the second book in this series, Stable Hearts. Last month, I wasn't sure about my writing future, but once I started Stable Hearts, I remembered why I write...because I enjoy it. I love seeing the characters come to life on paper instead of screaming in my head, lol.

I hope you've taken a moment to check out my paintings. I try to paint a new project at least once a week. I am so enjoying fluid art so much and I've been incorporating hand-painted images into some of the art pieces, such as The Rolling Stones tongue and the Balloon Daisy. This is an art piece I painted for my eldest niece who is a fan of the Carolina Panthers. I completed a few more projects, which I will share on my blog and website over the next week. 

Also watch for a new project I'm working on...I am very excited to design a video of my completed painting projects. And I'm hoping to find time to design book trailer teasers for my catalogue of books. 

Somewhere in my already busy schedule, I find time to read. Be sure to stop by Still Moments Magazine's website to check out my book reviews. 

I have to run, as I am in the middle of chapter three with Stable Hearts and Max is about to get a big surprise. Until next month... take care!
Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment