Thursday, March 31, 2022

March News 2022

On this last day of March I remember I hadn't written my newsletter. I don't have much news this month, but I'm sure I can think of a few things to talk about.
This was a sunrise my husband caught last weekend.

First, the weather! It's finally spring, but it sure doesn't feel like it. The weather has been cold and rainy all month, but thankfully no snow other than flurries. Our shovels are still out, but I don't intend to use one. I'd have my husband put them away, but I'm afraid we'd have a snow storm, lol. Tomorrow is April, so maybe they can finally go in the shed for the next several months...fingers crossed.

I started writing a mystery romance, but stopped. I then returned to my Redford Falls books, but stopped. I keep rethinking my future in writing. Thankfully, I don't write for the money because I'd have stopped long ago. I write because the stories in my head need to get out. I decided to take a few months away from writing (other than edits on my contracted book). My magazine has a ton of priority books to read and review, which will keep me busy through May. Reading is not a bad way to spend my afternoons!

But the author group I am a part of threw out an idea of the seven of us writing stories. The books would all be stand-alone titles, but each have a common object within the stories. We would then self-publish them and have the subtitle link our books. I was hesitant to join in, yet interested as well. As we talked more about this project, I thought it would be the chance to give Jade Parsons (from Redford Falls) her story. I'm still hesitant, but with the publishing date agreed to be next year, I'm on board the writing train again. (Slaps hand to forehead).

So, I have many books to read and review and a new story to write. AND on top of all that, I am (with the help of my daughter) in the process of opening an online store for my paintings. I have been encouraged by a lot of people to do this, so I am going to give it a try. I keep asking myself 'who would want to buy my paintings?' But I won't know until I put them out there. Fingers crossed!
We attended our first big event after two years dealing with the pandemic. We went to see Blue Rodeo in concert last weekend. It was my daughter's first live concert. We went out for dinner first then a chilly but nice walk along the waterfront before heading to the concert. Did we have fun? Let's just say I was exhausted the next day from all the woohooing, lol. The concert was awesome! 

That pretty much wraps up March. See you in April! Take care.
Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment