Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Book Covers on a Rainy Day

Sometimes a rainy day on a weekend can be a welcomed thing. If Saturday would have been sunny, I would have been outside with the dogs, but the rain kept us inside, and I was finally able to upload all my new book covers and updated book blurbs on my website as well as my blog.

This is the banner you see at the top of my blog. I am thrilled how the covers look cohesive (with the exception of Trickers, which is part of a multi-author series). Some of these covers gave me a few headaches. Just when I thought I was happy with the cover, I'd leave it for a day and come back to it and make changes. As an artist, I'm never fully satisfied with a completed piece as I always think it could be better. BUT, I am very happy with these covers...well, truthfully, I'm not fond of the guy's hair on Under The Apple Blossoms, but the female is holding an apple, so I had to use that photo. But I'm happy with the rest, lol. The photos on the bottom, hint at a piece of the story, and I grabbed a color from the bottom photo to highlight the book title background.

AND...I edited each book blurb (with the help of my beta readers). They were okay before but now they reflect any changes I've made, or am making, to the story.

Each book is listed under 'My Book Library' label.

AND...my blog and my website received well-over a hundred hits each on the weekend. Thank you to those who visited and checked out my book covers and blurbs!

With those huge projects done, I can finally check them off my to-do list. Now, I have to go through each story with a round of edits. Some books need more editing than others. Then they have to be uploaded to Amazon. I have a feeling those projects are going to take more than one rainy day. Heavy sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment