Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Saturdays - The End

I am so happy to share the news that last night, I reached The End of my manuscript!

I started 'Saturdays' in 2015 - eleven years ago. I created a note book with story details and characters. Then I got lost in Redford Falls, and didn't find my way back to Saturdays until the summer of 2025. But even then, another story grabbed my attention. Finally in April 2026, I picked up that notebook again and made new notes. I then opened the file on my computer and my fingers have been typing ever since. Last night, I finished the story!

I'm excited and sad...and even scared. 

I'm excited because I finally finished this project that has been screaming at me for eleven years. 

I'm also sad because I've spent the past four and a half months with these characters. How do I say goodbye? Or do I? <wink>

And I'm scared of what comes next. The writing is finished. The story needs a quick edit to cross all the Ts and dot all the Is, but now I need to decided on publication. What direction to I take with this manuscript?

Thankfully, I have plenty of time to be excited, sad, and scared. Right now, I'm just going to celebrate typing The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment