Friday, October 2, 2026

Reno Wrap-Up

My office renovation is complete! The above photo is the new flooring. It's so nice! I'm extremely happy with it...and Keefer raised a paw in approval, too. :-)

The below photo shows the old flooring. It originally was a greyish-cream color, but time and sunlight turned it into a dull orange. The original color is a patch in the middle where an area rug once sat.
The below photo is the after. 
The reno took longer than expected because not only did we have new flooring installed, we bought a faux wood blind, and a new ceiling light. Then the furniture...dog beds included...had to be brought back into the room. The wolf art work really highlights the space. (I consider the wolf my spirit animal, so I have a few collectables.) My bookcase and desk are on the opposite walls. And I'm waiting for a drawer unit to be returned from my husband's brother, who is reconstructing it.

The construction crew of two guys did a great job. We also had the laundry room flooring changed, so while the rooms aren't large, there was a lot of prep-work and after-work to be done. I'm thrilled to have the job completed...especially my OCD that didn't like all the furniture from two rooms cluttering another room. I can't wait to let the writing inspiration take over in my renovated office. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment