Monday, August 15, 2016

Summer Break

My post title says it all...summer break.

I haven't been on the computer much the past several weeks due to the awesome weather we've been having on the Atlantic Coast. This summer is very rare with most days being sunny and warm. There is a joke around here that when my husband picks his summer vacation you can predict those days will be filled with cloud, rain, and cool temps. However, this year is anything but predictable! I can't remember a summer quite like this. We've had one sunny day after another. AND the temperatures have been well above normal. Hot and humid is the best description of most of July and the first two weeks of August. While I love this weather! ... the forest fire index is extreme. With only several rain showers, many lawns have turned brown and it's very dry, which have resulted in a few forest fires. We desperately needed rain, and Mother Nature heard the pleas and gave us some wet weather yesterday. Today started cloudy, but the blue sky is putting up a good fight to return. More rain is expected later this week, and the temperatures are returning to normal. I know we need the wet weather, but I am sad to see the heat leave because once it does, it won't take long for that cool nip in the air to arrive and put an end to my favourite season :(

The fire to our workshop at the beginning of July has kept us busy with insurance adjusters and construction. We finally have the paperwork done, and a company hired to do the rebuild. We are beyond relieved to have all that stress behind us. To clear our heads, we took a few days and rented a cottage. Due to the weather, there was a ban on fires, so the fire-pit couldn't be used, but we didn't missed it with a beautiful lake to enjoy. This mini-vacation was well-over due...and so relaxing.
The photo above is the rustic cottage we stayed in, and the one below is the private lakefront...where we spent most of our time.
I miss being there already. Thankfully, we have over two-hundred photos to remind us of the fun we had. I hope we can take another vacation like that again next year :)

In writing news...
Nothing To Lose has completed edits. The blurb was revamped and sent for my approval this morning. I'm anxiously waiting to see its cover.
The second story in my Redford Falls series is with my managing editor who is waiting for a final word from acquisitions.
With research done, the third story in my Redford Falls series is ready to start writing. However, I am struggling with a title. I'm patiently waiting for inspiration to strike.

With the last few weeks of summer dwindling down, I don't expect much writing progress over the next few weeks. I'm going to spend these last few days hanging out with my daughter until she returns to school...and anxiously await the reno to begin on our new workshop. On September 6th, I will return to a regular working schedule. I already have a few guests lined up for Wednesday's company at the cottage, and I have a new feature starting September 9th called Foodie Fridays.

I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment