Thursday, November 2, 2023

Weather Files#1

Just say no to snow!

Welcome back to my welcome back message I wrote on August 30. I said I had returned to blogging, but little did I know we'd be adopting a puppy and my life would be turned upside down. More about the new puppy in a post coming soon.

I want to talk about what happened yesterday. It snowed! We had about 10cm fall throughout the day and the temperature hovered around zero. It was cold and dreary. Some people say the first snowfall is so beautiful...well it is, if it's late December or early January. It's technically not even the winter season yet. It's still Fall. 

After a crappy Summer of high humidity, wild fires, and flooding, Fall was welcomed. And what a season it's been. Lots of sunshine and above normal temperatures. Fall is soon becoming my new favourite season.

Yesterday's snowfall was such a shock to the system after having sunshine and a temperature of 23C on Saturday. I hope it's not a sign of what's to come. I was hoping we'd have a mild winter. I have my fingers crossed that yesterday was just a little blip and that Mother Nature remembers it's still Fall.

Today is sunny, but quite chilly at 3C. Me and the dogs still went for our morning walk and after lunch we sat on the deck and enjoyed watching the sun melt the snow.

About those dogs...if you want to know more about them, be sure to check back as I'll be sharing pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment