Monday, December 10, 2018

Christmas and Music

While sharing my favourite holiday things, I must mention my love of music. I have a wide range of musical taste, but holiday Christmas music is at the top.

I love the old Christmas classics sung by Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, and Brenda Lee, but when we're decorating, I play my cd's of Elvis' Christmas Album and Michael Buble Christmas.

My love of Elvis' music goes back a long way. I remember singing Elvis' version of 'Blue Christmas' when I was a young girl. I was thrilled when my husband bought me Elvis' Christmas (cd) 'If Every Day was Like Christmas' many years ago and I listen to it every Christmas from start to finish. Two of my favourites are 'Santa Bring My Baby Back To Me' and 'Santa Claus is Back in Town'. It's just not Christmas without Elvis singing in the background.

My other favourite is Michael Buble Christmas. I have every one of his albums, including his Christmas cd. As for a favourite song? I can't pick just one because they are all so good. Buble sings the Christmas classics like the fantastic crooner he is. His Christmas cd is perfect to play in the background when you are decorating, doing the dishes, or just chilling on the sofa. I love his voice!

I have a mixed playlist of various artists and songs, but Elvis and Michael Buble are my go-to guys at Christmas!

What's your Christmas music favourite?

3 comments:

  1. Love the old Christmas songs best, and the old Christmas movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last Sunday went to a Christmas concert given by the Unites States Air Force Academy band. Such talent. Very good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gini! You can't do any better than the Christmas oldies, lol. I bet that Christmas concert was amazing.

    ReplyDelete