Thursday, April 16, 2020

Book Review - Twins For The Mountain Firefighter

Twins For The Mountain Firefighter 
Melinda Curtis
March 2020

A bachelor’s life… 

Because of a not-so-happy childhood, Logan McCall never wanted kids. His sister’s dying wish was that he raise her twin girls. Paralyzed by grief, Logan turns the girls over to their deadbeat dad. He’s regretted that decision ever since, but what can he do? They’re gone. 

A nanny with dreams… 

Nanny Thea Gayle is just trying to make ends meet while she works on her PhD. When her employer goes missing and the only family member she can find is the twins’ Uncle Logan, she takes the girls from Seattle to Silver Bend, Idaho. But once there, she’s not sure Logan is up to caring for the girls or his elderly aunt. What’s a nanny with a school deadline looming to do? 

Between The Pages 
The Mountain Firefighter Series is now on my list of favourite series. I enjoyed the first book, but I absolutely loved the second one. I did not want to put this book down…and I didn’t. I read this book in one day…it was that good. The plot is interesting and the pace had me turning the pages with ease. For me, Logan has taken top place in the hero category so far this year. He’s everything a reader looks for in a firefighting hero. Thea is the rock for Logan and his family. She’s quirky and fun. An additional shout-out should also go to Logan’s aunt and his nieces. A great cast of characters, which included the other members of the Hot Shots. When these guys get together, I couldn’t help but smile. The story is packed with emotion and many heart wrenching scenes. One of my favourite scenes is when Logan polishes the floor with Thea and his nieces. But there are several other great scenes because this story has it all even a few tense moments. I just added book three to my library and I can’t wait to read, Hot Shot, Aiden’s story.

Rating 
5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment