"An artist is a person who uses conscious skill and creative imagination."

Friday, January 8, 2016

A New Beginning

I hope to be a better blogger this year. I've found encouragement through other writers who post updates on their writing progress. Do the posts drive them to write more, bring more attention from other writers, or just make them feel good to contribute to their blogs? I'm not sure, but either way, I'm going to give it a try.

My goal is to post weekly updates (on Fridays with the exception of holidays).

So, here's the first entry to my Writing Journal of 2016,

The second story in my Redford Falls series is current underway. I wrote the end of chapter three just before Christmas, with a word count of 12,180. I'm really excited about this story and already hear secondary characters screaming for a story of their own.

Unfortunately, I didn't get much writing done during the Christmas holidays.

And, I waited anxiously to hear from one of my editors on the fate of Nothing To Lose. When she did email me, I had mix emotions regarding her notes. While she liked the small town aspect and the secondary characters that interact with the main characters and provide a fuller picture of the town, she thought the characters needed more emotion, and more showing. I sent the first two chapters of Nothing To Lose to my beta readers and will begin a refreshed set of edits to polish this story.

Have a good weekend
Darlene

1 comment:

  1. Hi Darlene, and Happy New Year. I commend you on your resolution to blog more, and I look forward to reading your posts. Sounds like you have several great things in the works.

    ReplyDelete