Sunday, October 1, 2017

Why We Don't Get Out Much

There's a reason my family stays close to home.

For her birthday, my daughter wanted tickets to see the local hockey team (The Mooseheads) play their second game on home ice. So, that's what we did.

After a half hour, we finally found a parking spot. We figured the afternoon hockey game, and the sunny weather had a lot of people out and about. A hike over and down The Hill led us to The Centre. We grabbed some snacks and made our way to our seats (my daughter wanted to see the team warm up).

As soon as I sat, I said, "Wow, great seats, but we're above glass and close to the ice. I don't want to get hit by a flying puck." My daughter's response, "Mum, we won't get hit."

The game started, and I was heard making the odd comment, "keep an eye on that puck" as it viciously hit the boards.
Third period...The Moose are leading 2-0...then it happened! Yup, a puck went flying at full speed directly toward us! My husband lifted his hand to stop the puck's target (my daughter's head). The puck smacked onto his hand and was redirected to my daughter's arm. It then hit her chair before landing on the floor. I went on hands and knees to get that dang puck and when I did, some man from behind and a few seats over, tried to grab it! Seriously, how stupid was he to think I was going to let him get the puck that hit MY family. I don't think so!
My hand grabbed that hard iced bullet and wasn't letting go. I then stood and gave it to my daughter.

Thankfully, my husband was quick thinking and reflected the puck from hitting our baby girl. His two fingers were quite red, and my daughter has a bruise on her arm, but it could have been much worse.
Not only did the Moose win 3-0 #GoMooseGo, but we have an awesome story to tell, and got a souvenir.
My daughter laughed and said I jinxed us when I first sat and made the comment about getting hit by a puck. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't, but when you have a strong feeling about something, sometimes it should be listened to.

Needless to say, we're not leaving the house any time soon, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment