Monday, January 4, 2021

Newsletter ~ January 2021

Happy New Year!

Good bye to 2020. What a terrible year that was. A pandemic that still holds strong, the worst mass killing in Canada happen in my home town, a Halifax-based cyclone helicopter crashed with crew lost, we lost a Snowbird pilot, and recently a fishing boat went missing with no surviving crew members. Sadness continued from beginning to end, but Nova Scotians stood strong and formed an everlasting bond. #NovaScotiaStrong

While 2020 didn't hold much to smile about, I have a small light that I am happy to talk about. My Redford Falls series returned with four of my books published by The Wild Rose Press in August, September, October, and November. I am thrilled they have found a new home to go with my three  previous published books.

I can't really say too much more about 2020, because we didn't go anywhere. We followed the #StayTheBlazesHome message from our province's premier and social distanced. Grocery shopping was our only venture away from the house. My husband and daughter continued to go to work as their jobs are considered essential. I thrived in my return to writing and enjoyed my morning walks with Keefer. Our Christmas was quiet, but that's the norm for us. I missed seeing my nieces on Christmas Eve, but had a nice visit with my brother and sister-in-law the week before.

2021 hopefully brings an end to this pandemic...and fingers crossed for a few new published books. I'm already working on a novella that has an ice cream theme and of course the sixth book (the first in five) in my Redford Falls series, which will take a different turn and focus on one particular family...The Marleys.

Winter has arrived, and those who follow my blog know I am not a fan of winter or snow. I don't like the cold and I absolutely dislike shoveling. Here on the Atlantic Coast, we don't have normal snowfalls. We have to have snow, then rain, then freezing rain, then back to snow. Nothing but a heavy, wet, icy, mess. Yesterday started the year off with a miserable two-hour scraping of one-inch thick ice in the driveway. Bears have the right idea to hibernate until spring!

I'll be blogging more this year (I know, I say that every year, lol), but I am sticking with it this time. I have guests lined up every Tuesday and Thursday, so be sure to stop by and meet some great authors and add their books to your reading list. I won't be publishing the digital issue of Still Moments Magazine this year. Everything in the digital issue ends up on the web site, so I'm eliminating the digital issue, which will allow me more time to write and blog. I'll also be reading and writing reviews here and the magazine's site.

We have tickets to see Michael Buble in March, but I have a feeling that concert will be postponed yet again :(

My hope for 2021 is for health and happiness, and that my family gets to visit the valley this summer!
And before I go, I'll leave you with a photo of my baby boy...lit up for Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment